Tailgate hinge re-enforcement/ tire carrier

Mikecal9985

You will end up wanting the reinforcement kit if you have any rattles at all.. FYI pick up a spray can of your color paint, there is just barely primer under the hinges and will need to be painted..

I’ll be sure to go grab a can this evening...I’ll be installing all this on Saturday morning

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
IMG_20180105_193951555.jpg IMG_20180103_080109829.jpg

Evo rear tire carrier is awesome and we're running 37's! Just put it on and it is smooth as silk! Really impressed with the the quality... Powder coating could use some work but other than that it isn't going anywhere that's for sure! I think it weighed 52 lb when I had it shipped to me!

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

erik932

Does anyone that has an Evo carrier know if these are the bushing being referred to in the instructions because they don’t look like the ones in the picture but its all the hardware I received.?
IMG_0676.jpg . IMG_0675.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
it's too late now that you've purchased hinges, but the key to running a 35 on the stock carrier is the wheel center needs to sit flush against the carrier mount and you need to use rubber isolators.

If your wheel does not have the backspace to make flush contact with the mount, install a spacer.

I notice someone mentioned PVC with end caps but that won't work, you need something that gives so it'll squish a little to keep some tension on the tire and absorb any movement.

I ran my 35 on the stock carrier for 5 years (went 37's) , wheeled it and it held up just fine.

I did run an extension in the hitch to eliminate dropping on the spare when coming off ledges. :thumb:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Top Bottom