Teraflex lift install???

how difficult would you say it is? i mean i have general knowledge but never got up under my JK and looked at the components. Now to figure out how to keep the wife busy for majority of the day!! :thinking: LoL

Now if you get underneath there and take a look or even take a couple pictures before you start breaking everything down so you have a reference do so and get a generalized idea. Then read over the directions a couple times and just read every step over and over. Then the day of just go step by step with the directions and do it one axle at a time. Once done double check everything an make sure all your control arms and track bars are tightened back up then go back and double check and torque everything down. Do a short test drive and make sure everything is kosher, if not go back loosen everything up, give the axle a couple good shakes and then torque everything to 125-130.

Jay_r24

Now if you get underneath there and take a look or even take a couple pictures before you start breaking everything down so you have a reference do so and get a generalized idea. Then read over the directions a couple times and just read every step over and over. Then the day of just go step by step with the directions and do it one axle at a time. Once done double check everything an make sure all your control arms and track bars are tightened back up then go back and double check and torque everything down. Do a short test drive and make sure everything is kosher, if not go back loosen everything up, give the axle a couple good shakes and then torque everything to 125-130.

Great suggestion thanx bro!

Jay_r24

I know you're down in OC but if you're willing to drive up to Apple Valley I'd be more that willing to give you a hand. I have all the tools necessary for the install. Plan on a day but we could prob have it done in 4-6 hours. Then we could go try it out after...;). I did the complete install on mine it took me quite a bit longer because mine is a long arm lift. I'd agree you learn so much about your jeep when doing it yourself.

Haaaaay!! Apple Valley, im out that way every once in a while!! i take my dirtbikes out to Johnson Valley and i have few friends in Apple Valley. Thanks, i will definiely let you know!!

Jay_r24

Honestly, doing it yourself it the best thing you can do for yourself. Other than recentering your steering wheel after the lift, you will NOT need an alignment. In fact, there's nothing a shop can do other than that and take your money.

Do you recommend new longer shocks such as the Bilstein 5100 or are the shock extensions okay to use?

Top Bottom