Teraflex Sport S/T3 lift kit

silverbullet88

I have a TF 2.5in lift with 5100's. Also 4 of the "sport arms" which are not adjustable. Stiff is 100% accurate.

Edit: You'll feel every single crack/ rock in the road.
Although the quality of everything has held up well and it wasn't missing any parts when it showed up.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

GAdawg88

Thanks for posting that so I don't have to go off on one of my rants on those goddam mid-arm kits.

OP -I wouldn't try to persuade into not buying the RK standard length arm kit BUT don't think you need to get a kit that replaces all 8 arms. You need adjustable front lowers and possibly adjustable rear upper arms to get your angles correct on your axles.
If it was me I would look into this EVO kit as well: https://www.offroadevolution.com/product/evo-mfg-3-enforcer-kit-with-plush-springs-jk-jku/ It comes with everything you need & nothing you don't.

Thanks for the link, I never considered this. I just wonder about articulation with half the factory arms retained vs a complete re-fit, and the reliablity of the factory arms off-road after being lifted. I assume it would be easy enough to purchase the other four arms and upgrade down the road though. Looks like this kit would be compatible with their coil over conversion kits too, should I decided to go there later in life.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Thanks for the link, I never considered this. I just wonder about articulation with half the factory arms retained vs a complete re-fit, and the reliablity of the factory arms off-road after being lifted. I assume it would be easy enough to purchase the other four arms and upgrade down the road though. Looks like this kit would be compatible with their coil over conversion kits too, should I decided to go there later in life.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...-the-JK-Wrangler&p=21017&viewfull=1#post21017

IMG_7888.jpg
IMG_7889.jpg

I'll second this. I had the Teraflex 3 inch lift with flex arms on my last JK and didn't realize how stiff the coils were until I went for a ride in a friend's Jeep. I would stay away from their coils if you like the factory ride quality. Also, their bushings left something to be desired as I was burning through those every couple years.

There's this....

View attachment 236480

And Cozdude said their coils are like riding on rocks, in his build thread.

Hot94Z28

Jonny Joints are nice, and what's also really nice is you can adjust those control arms on the Jeep, yep don't have to take them off to adjust like other arms. Also I herd EVO was making rear lower control arms too if you want to replace them.

All my upper arms are still stock and seem to be hold up just fine.

GAdawg88

Awesome Thread!! Thanks for the link, this has been subscribed to. Addresses some things I hadn't thought about yet. Looks like I'll be saving up for chromoly shafts and C-gussets too since I have the D30. Starting to regret having spent the extra money on the Max Tow package to get the 3.73's now, as Eddies write up suggests 4.88 for 35" tires and that's what I intend to move up to. Lockers are definitely in the future for this build so looking back, that money could have been better spent installing a ring and pinion set with the lockers. didn't think I was going to end up as hooked on the rig as I have become.

zimm

Caught the Bug
I've gone down this road over the last year with my jeep. In fact last week I went to 4.88 gears and c-gussets (finally). And I wasted $700 on factory 4.10's as an option.

I have the rock krawler 2.5 flex (front adj lower arms). It rides nice, but sits a little too low for me. Adjustments are a bitch on the arms. I have EVO 3" plush rides sitting on the work bench waiting to go in. I like the FOX IPF 2.0 shocks, and I couldn't afford King's at the time.

You don't need to replace all your stock arms with non-adjustable. The stock ones work fine. You don't get more flex with different arms. You only need front lowers to fix castor. The evo arms can be adjusted on the jeep, which is nice.

All you really need is an EVO enforcer 3", weld in some C gussets for in insurance, and when you're ready for the splurge, go with 4.88's and lockers.

GAdawg88

I've gone down this road over the last year with my jeep. In fact last week I went to 4.88 gears and c-gussets (finally). And I wasted $700 on factory 4.10's as an option.

I have the rock krawler 2.5 flex (front adj lower arms). It rides nice, but sits a little too low for me. Adjustments are a bitch on the arms. I have EVO 3" plush rides sitting on the work bench waiting to go in. I like the FOX IPF 2.0 shocks, and I couldn't afford King's at the time.

You don't need to replace all your stock arms with non-adjustable. The stock ones work fine. You don't get more flex with different arms. You only need front lowers to fix castor. The evo arms can be adjusted on the jeep, which is nice.

All you really need is an EVO enforcer 3", weld in some C gussets for in insurance, and when you're ready for the splurge, go with 4.88's and lockers.
Yeah, I've been checking reviews on quadratec, 4wd, and several other sites over the last two days and find a lot of guys bitching about how stiff the RK Springs are. Think I'm about sold on the Enforcer kit Ddays posted up top, specifically because of the plush ride springs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

zimm

Caught the Bug
I don't think the rk are stiff, but the rears are short and I want another 1/2" lift so I'll try the plush rides.

Top Bottom