Teraflex VSS 9550 vs FOX 2.0 Performance Series Smooth body IFP vs Rancho RS9000XL

simonkc

Planning to go with a Teraflex 2.5 in coil lift kit without shocks, for my 2 dr Jk 2012 Sport. Kit includes

* Front and Rear Coil Springs
* Front and Rear Bump Stops
* Rear Sway Bar Links
* Rear Track Bar Bracket
* Rear Brake Line Brackets
*Teraflex Exhaust Spacer Kit
*TeraFlex ½" Rear Guide & Spacer
*Teraflex steering stabilizer kit

Now for the shocks my options are
1) Teraflex VSS 9550 shocks
2) Fox 2.0 Performance series Smooth body IFP shocks
3) Rancho RS9000XL adjustable shocks

All these shocks are speced for the same vehicle/application ie. JK 2012

My requirements ;
1) daily driver ...hence should be good on the road..
2) weekend offroader - i do offroad mainly in deserts and mountains ....hence these shocks have to be really very good off the road.
Bottomline: no-compromise off-road use with acceptable on-road use.

Questions:
1) Which is the best choice for shocks? Feel free to suggest any not in my list.
2) which is choice no. 2 and choice no. 3?
3) Are the Fox shocks too harsh on the road?
4) Will the teraflex or Rancho shocks handle solid offroad use?
4) if i decide to pair the Fox or Rancho shocks with the Teraflex springs, will the shocks and spring match?? Would it be ok to pair shocks and springs from different manufacturers?

Different question: Is it necessary to have front lower control arms and rear upper control arms added to the above lift kit? Is it necessary right now? Any downsides?

Any experience on the above shocks , shared, would be appreciated.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Yes it is ok to match shocks and springs from different manufactures. I got the teraflex coil lift as well but didn't buy there shocks. I heard there shocks are really stiff. Instead I went with the Bilstein 5100 shocks. They are very smooth and it's a nice ride.

The control arms are not needed right away. I will be something you need.

Sent from my iPhone

RUMMY

Bilstien all the way you can't beat them without paying a lot more money !

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

simonkc

Bilstien all the way you can't beat them without paying a lot more money !

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

But i am getting the Fox 2.0 performance shocks at a price only about 35% more expensive than the Bilsteins. I am willing to spend more for Fox if there is a signification difference in performance?
Will the Bilstein's match Fox's performance?
I dont do any rock crawling here..mostly desert driving only...and not high speed desert driving but more or dune bashing...

Thanks for replying though...

Cheers
Simon

dis_dis

Banned
I run the Fox shocks and am pretty happy with them. I've never run Blisteins, so I can't really compare but when I was making my research/decision I was told from several places that the fox shocks will run stiffer than the Blisteins, so it would be a little bit of a stiffer ride on the street, but on the highway it would be a little better as bumps would be less noticeable, same for driving a little faster on the trails.

steve_r2

But i am getting the Fox 2.0 performance shocks at a price only about 35% more expensive than the Bilsteins. I am willing to spend more for Fox if there is a signification difference in performance?
Will the Bilstein's match Fox's performance?
I dont do any rock crawling here..mostly desert driving only...and not high speed desert driving but more or dune bashing...

Thanks for replying though...

Cheers
Simon

Simon,
A lot is down to personal preference .......
Opinions are like ass holes.....everyone's got one ! ;)
I run Bilsteins part of the AEV 2.5" kit. Like you daily driver and dune bashing....no problems with them and I think much better than stock. That said they are tuned for AEVs setup..
Have a chat with Marwan at RAMY 4x4 in Deira before pulling the trigger on your setup. Suspension is his specialty .

simonkc

Simon,
A lot is down to personal preference .......
Opinions are like ass holes.....everyone's got one ! ;)
I run Bilsteins part of the AEV 2.5" kit. Like you daily driver and dune bashing....no problems with them and I think much better than stock. That said they are tuned for AEVs setup..
Have a chat with Marwan at RAMY 4x4 in Deira before pulling the trigger on your setup. Suspension is his specialty .

Hi Steve
Yup sure.have not finalized yet but was thinking seriously about the tflex coil kit...what do you think? Are there better options here in our local market and for the type of driving we do.?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using WAYALIFE mobile app

mrmet1983

For the money billstiens r fantastic but if money is no issue go with coil overs they provide a far superior on / off road ride compared to basic coils and shocks

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

steve_r2

Hi Steve
Yup sure.have not finalized yet but was thinking seriously about the tflex coil kit...what do you think? Are there better options here in our local market and for the type of driving we do.?

Personally for the driving you are doing is the same as myself.
If money isn't a option then as others have said then coilovers are the way .......Ramy do Fox Coilovers at reasonable price as well as Kings.
They also do T/F and official importers for AEV.
I'm biased toward the AEV kit with geometry correction brackets ...it does everything I want and need .

simonkc

For the money billstiens r fantastic but if money is no issue go with coil overs they provide a far superior on / off road ride compared to basic coils and shocks

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

Money is not unlimited...wish it was...it is definitely a consideration..but just trying to figure the best bang for my buck....
Think coilovers are way beyond my budget from what i know of here.

simonkc

Personally for the driving you are doing is the same as myself.
If money isn't a option then as others have said then coilovers are the way .......Ramy do Fox Coilovers at reasonable price as well as Kings.
They also do T/F and official importers for AEV.
I'm biased toward the AEV kit with geometry correction brackets ...it does everything I want and need .

Steve, which aev kit are you talking about?

Top Bottom