Texans first winter above the mason dixon

BobNH

That brine shit sucks. As does salt. Yeah, they help the roads clear after the storms, however during all they do is turn the falling snow into slush, which is the worst for driving in.
That said, we do actually plow roads in the winter. Snow driving isn't all that bad. Pay attention, and think ahead. Not just you, think ahead for the cars around you. And if you are in Mass, you are in luck. Everything you need to know about driving you can learn from them. Watch them, study them, and do the opposite, and you'll be great.

Sent from my SM-N910V using WAYALIFE mobile app

MrEmmDubya

Dress warm and keep some extra cloths in the vehicle. Best advice, slow down, your 4x4 will get you going in the ickey stuff but it will not slow/stop you better than any other vehicle. Find a parking lot and play a little bit, that will let you know how your Jeep feels in the snow. O, and, pop it Into 4 wheel drive when it's at all slippery, rear wheel in the slippery stuff is not good.

19YJ94

Caught the Bug
Also if you choose to wash your jeep before a cold night, wipe down and dry your door seals and areas. So the doors don't freeze shut and ruin seals.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Labricon

Caught the Bug
Also if you choose to wash your jeep before a cold night, wipe down and dry your door seals and areas. So the doors don't freeze shut and ruin seals.

Quite possibly the most useful tip yet!!!! Nothing like forgetting and trying to ease the doors open without ripping the seals to crap when late for work [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

davidc128

That brine shit sucks. As does salt. Yeah, they help the roads clear after the storms, however during all they do is turn the falling snow into slush, which is the worst for driving in.
That said, we do actually plow roads in the winter. Snow driving isn't all that bad. Pay attention, and think ahead. Not just you, think ahead for the cars around you. And if you are in Mass, you are in luck. Everything you need to know about driving you can learn from them. Watch them, study them, and do the opposite, and you'll be great.

Sent from my SM-N910V using WAYALIFE mobile app
Yea I've heard it's bad I just touched up all the scratches I could find to help prevent rust so hopefully I won't own a rust bucket by this time next year lol
Dress warm and keep some extra cloths in the vehicle. Best advice, slow down, your 4x4 will get you going in the ickey stuff but it will not slow/stop you better than any other vehicle. Find a parking lot and play a little bit, that will let you know how your Jeep feels in the snow. O, and, pop it Into 4 wheel drive when it's at all slippery, rear wheel in the slippery stuff is not good.
I've got a back pack I'm filling with a flash light, first aid, 3day supply of water/food, jacket, socks, gloves, and a beany... also have a collapsible shovel, fleece blanket, and a tarp thanks to all the awesome tips y'all have given

Honestly it'll probably be way to cold for this guy to even consider washing my jeep lol

jeeeep

Hooked

this is one reason I like remote start.

I turn the heater and fan on high when I park it for the night so I can remote start if needed and let it warm up :thumb:

davidc128

this is one reason I like remote start.

I turn the heater and fan on high when I park it for the night so I can remote start if needed and let it warm up :thumb:
Man that would be awesome but damn u manual transmissions! Haha

Cracker1868

I bring a tarp and a blanket. In addition, those little foil-like survival blankets take up almost no room and saved me in military survival training. Don’t forget the value of the floor mats. They can help get going again sometimes.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

All sound advice!!........not sure if this has been mentioned but a couple of good size candles and matches will keep the chill off if you have to spend the nite. We spent 8 hours in the rockies with the highway shut down due to a police man hunt and the candles kept us warmish......we were low on fuel and the next gas station was far enough away to make us nervous about idling that long.

CdnJeepDan

Yea I've heard it's bad I just touched up all the scratches I could find to help prevent rust so hopefully I won't own a rust bucket by this time next year lol

I've got a back pack I'm filling with a flash light, first aid, 3day supply of water/food, jacket, socks, gloves, and a beany... also have a collapsible shovel, fleece blanket, and a tarp thanks to all the awesome tips y'all have given

Honestly it'll probably be way to cold for this guy to even consider washing my jeep lol

Don't put water in there or at least make sure the bottles aren't completely full. If they freeze and pop, you'll have a hell of a time chipping all the other stuff out of the back pack.

davidc128

Ive made it up to omaha Nebraska looks like ill b here for a while too... 2-7 year facebook data center project

Top Bottom