Texas Barnwell Run & Campout(May 21st-22nd)

Packers937

Put me down for a maybe right now! I would really like to go but I'm in a wedding the week after that so I need to make sure I won't be missing anything.

I've got a 2015 Unlimited Sport with 34"s. Pretty stock besides that. I've done some mud and sand but I'm a newbie when it comes to other terrain
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1458355736.280587.jpg

Angry Aussie

I'll just leave this here!

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=31709

Honestly though, it would be awesome if some of you could make it out.

Holy cow this looks awesome!! So so many people planning on going! Talk about a massive wayalife party!! There will be so many sick rigs to check out on this trip, it would be worth it alone. I'll check my schedule next week and see if there's any way I can make this run. We only live once and this looks like an event that's totally worth it.

Napalm

I'll just leave this here!

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=31709

Honestly though, it would be awesome if some of you could make it out.

Holy cow this looks awesome!! So so many people planning on going! Talk about a massive wayalife party!! There will be so many sick rigs to check out on this trip, it would be worth it alone. I'll check my schedule next week and see if there's any way I can make this run. We only live once and this looks like an event that's totally worth it.

I've played with the idea of making the trek for this run so many times!!! It looks like a ton of fun and it's awesome what you've done Trevor. I'm just not sure if it'll be too close to my trip overseas as far as finances. We will see ;)

Napalm

Put me down for a maybe right now! I would really like to go but I'm in a wedding the week after that so I need to make sure I won't be missing anything.

I've got a 2015 Unlimited Sport with 34"s. Pretty stock besides that. I've done some mud and sand but I'm a newbie when it comes to other terrain
View attachment 193678

We'd be glad to have you. Sounds like a great bachelor party :) and nice JKU! Hope to see you be able to come with us!

I'll get you added.

Kyle7R

Put me down as going, one way or another. Whether the wife comes or not depends on her work schedule and finals.

Is the park entry fee for the whole weekend, or would folks staying off property need to pay again for re-entry on day two?

I will likely have to get a room, not much in the way of camping gear for me.

Other Houston folks, driving up early early Saturday morning, or...?

Oh, and I will likely be bringing a pooch (the older one, who I can count on to behave in a new place lol)

Napalm

Put me down as going, one way or another. Whether the wife comes or not depends on her work schedule and finals.

Is the park entry fee for the whole weekend, or would folks staying off property need to pay again for re-entry on day two?

I will likely have to get a room, not much in the way of camping gear for me.

Other Houston folks, driving up early early Saturday morning, or...?

Oh, and I will likely be bringing a pooch (the older one, who I can count on to behave in a new place lol)

Awesome!! Stoked that you are gonna make the trek. I know that Texas Nick is coming from Pasadena. I'm not sure when he's leaving or coming down. If a couple of you guys would like, as long as it's okay with my wife, I wouldn't mind opening my home up and loaning some sleeping space :)

I'll find out forsure on the camping/park fees. And as far as your camping supplies, let me go through some of my stuff. If your interested in camping, I might have some extra camping stuff(tent, sleeping stuff) I'll let you know. If not, there's a couple of okay hotels in the area.

Kyle7R

Awesome!! Stoked that you are gonna make the trek. I know that Texas Nick is coming from Pasadena. I'm not sure when he's leaving or coming down. If a couple of you guys would like, as long as it's okay with my wife, I wouldn't mind opening my home up and loaning some sleeping space :)

I'll find out forsure on the camping/park fees. And as far as your camping supplies, let me go through some of my stuff. If your interested in camping, I might have some extra camping stuff(tent, sleeping stuff) I'll let you know. If not, there's a couple of okay hotels in the area.

Sounds good! I checked out one of the ones you referred to in the original post, wasn't bad, and pretty inexpensive. That will probably be the route I go if the wife comes, she's a damn good sport with just about anything, but she draws the line at roughing it (too many forced camping trips as a kid, I think haha)

Forgot to post a pic of my rig earlier, so here we go.

Attachments

• 1458363442727.jpg
    1458363442727.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 99

Napalm

Sounds good! I checked out one of the ones you referred to in the original post, wasn't bad, and pretty inexpensive. That will probably be the route I go if the wife comes, she's a damn good sport with just about anything, but she draws the line at roughing it (too many forced camping trips as a kid, I think haha)

Forgot to post a pic of my rig earlier, so here we go.

LoL, I understand that. Just keep me posted on your plans that way I can keep up with what everyone is doing. The parks gates are open until 12am, so you'd still be able to stay and enjoy dinner and campfire relaxing. :)

Napalm

Texas Newbie Run & Camp out (Barnwell MTN OHV Area May 21st-22nd)

Changes made to the first post regarding the type of run this is. Don't be afraid to sign up! You don't have to be a complete newbie to sign up either. There are no limitations on the size of your rig. This will be an easy to medium/beginner run that will be fun for jeeps of all sizes. A great time for us to get together and have fun and not worry about any crazy obstacles.

Still looking for a few more helpers/leaders!

Barnwell is a great place to get off pavement in even the most stock Jeeps. It's very forgiving to the underside of you Jeep :)

Last edited:

Bunz-o-fun

This sounds like fun. Put me down as a maybe. Our wedding anniversary is May 21 and I'm trying to cash in some honey dew points and see if we can celebrate on a different day. :) Should know more next week. Thanks Napalm!

Napalm

This sounds like fun. Put me down as a maybe. Our wedding anniversary is May 21 and I'm trying to cash in some honey dew points and see if we can celebrate on a different day. :) Should know more next week. Thanks Napalm!

I'll get you added Kris :) I understand if you can't make it though!

Napalm

Major bump for a major change to the type of this run

This run is now open to any and ALL jeeps of any size

Check out the first post for changes in major details and sign up!

Looking forward to seeing you out on the trail. :)

tdougherty81

Major bump for a major change to the type of this run

This run is now open to any and ALL jeeps of any size

Check out the first post for changes in major details and sign up!

Looking forward to seeing you out on the trail. :)

Move me to medium/intermediate.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Put us down for medium group leader/tail gunner (never been to barwell before, but what the hell) or hard/extreme participant. We being 2 people, 1 dog.

I really need better pics of my jeep... :(

Attachments

• 1458571813452.jpg
    1458571813452.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 84

Napalm

Put us down for medium group leader/tail gunner (never been to barwell before, but what the hell) or hard/extreme participant. We being 2 people, 1 dog.

I really need better pics of my jeep... :(

I'll get you down. Barnwell is a great park for all sizes of Jeeps. ill be talking with my trail leaders and tail gunners when it gets closer to the event and getting you any info you need. I'll put you down for a medium group leader for now because there isn't a lot of "extreme" trails at Barnwell so those two groups might be combined.

Thank you for volunteering.

Bunz-o-fun

I'm in! Honey dew points are cashed! Put me down for the newb run. Jeep works great for hunting, fishing and camping, but I regretfully have no experience in the off-road park arena. Looking forward to learning some things and hanging out. I'm also in for camping on Saturday night, if that's still happening.
But I can't do the Sunday trail ride, have to get back to the fam ASAP that morning.
Pic of rig
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1458615695.690225.jpg

Napalm

I'm in! Honey dew points are cashed! Put me down for the newb run. Jeep works great for hunting, fishing and camping, but I regretfully have no experience in the off-road park arena. Looking forward to learning some things and hanging out. I'm also in for camping on Saturday night, if that's still happening.
But I can't do the Sunday trail ride, have to get back to the fam ASAP that morning.
Pic of rig
View attachment 194077

Yes!!! Awesome!!! Will be glad to have you there Kris and will get you moved over. And that's okay! The main trail day is Sunday and yes, those who choose to camp will do that. We will try to all camp as a group :)

Napalm

Texas Barnwell Run & Campout(May 21st-22nd)

And just so it's clear to everyone attending, for those of you that choose to camp, we will be camping as a group. The trail leaders will be coordinating with each other throughout the day for a final meeting place where we will set up camp, have dinner, drinks and socialize with our old and new friends :)

If you prefer to stay in a hotel, that's fine too. But we encourage you to stay for dinner and a good time. The hotels are only about a 5 minute drive into town!

Top Bottom