Texas Hidden Falls Adventure Park Trek: October 2nd-3rd

Napalm

After speaking the owner of the park, i've made the desicion that it is now a REQUIREMENT for this run that you have rocker protection(Rubi Rails,Sliders)

1st post has been updated.

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
Unless I have business travel, I'm in for one day. Won't be staying overnight.

Last edited:

ROLOJK

Awesome, please add me to the maybe list, actually I'm going there by the end of the month, Anybody welcome.

ForumRunner_20150707_123627.jpg

lmaya

The trails are great and most have a bypass. Personally I stick to the easy ones as my rig is a daily driver....can't make it to work on Monday with a crushed windshield

lmaya

Bronco buster was the craziest I went through....tight trail down a ditch that seemed to never end 😀

USMC Wrangler

I've been kicking this around since Napalm posted the trip. I have several noob questions since I've never been on a trip like this anywhere for wheeling with the family. (6 of us with kiddos 3, 7, 9 & 14) We do enjoy the outdoors but haven't been camping in years with little kids. Please shoot it to me straight as this would be 7+ hours driving for us one way.

First off is my ride. "13 JKU (w/3rd row seat for all 6 of us & RH4x4 3rd row cage addition), 18/59 Rubi springs and small spacer lift, 255/80r17 (33") BFG KM2's, both diffs are open, auto trans, recovery gear w/o winch, Rubi rails and Viair 400P. In the next month or so I'm adding the Protek skids, LCA skids and D30 C gussets. I would need to pull my 5x8 cargo trailer (non-off road) to carry camping gear/food/drinks. Alternately, we could secure a few sets of doors inside during the stay, if this all works out.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436527533.724760.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436527568.573911.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436527595.874348.jpg

Next up is camping/weather. Is the plan to camp at the park itself or at a nearby campground? Anyone else bringing kids? If I'm the only one bringing kids, would that be a killjoy? I see a couple posts referencing "if the weather is good". I realize no one can predict what the weather will do, is there a backup lodging place nearby? I am not familiar with much of Texas as a 2 year, new resident living and working in the Big Bend area.

I'm trying to make sense of the fees too. So entrance into the park and camping Friday/Saturday nights would be $140? Driver $85, adult passenger $25, 3 kids $30, 3 year old is free. Do I have that right? Then I see another set of camping fees below that. Is that in addition to the fees listed above?

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436527664.046181.jpg

Sorry if I'm asking too many questions. Please straighten me out if I'm off on something! I don't like being unprepared or "that guy". Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Top Bottom