*Texas* Hidden Falls weekend run (4/29-5/1)

Kyle7R

[emoji22]...Work that weekend. Any chance of a repeat 5/14 (Go Topless Day)?[emoji120][emoji120]

IDK how many people would want to run being the barnwell trip is right around corner

Sorry, I didn't take that into account (Another great WAL trip I must miss[emoji51]). Post pics!!!!!!

I'm super jelly, I want to see pics from HF. Any other Houston WAL'ers will be down at the beach for GTD?

Angry Aussie

You may wanna change the "lunch on the trail part" none of the trails are that long, there's plenty of time to easily get back to the camping area to sit at picnic tables and not have to eat on the trail. Just my two cents. I'll come out and run on Saturday but I'll be heading back to have lunch at a table and not on the dusty trail.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
You may wanna change the "lunch on the trail part" none of the trails are that long, there's plenty of time to easily get back to the camping area to sit at picnic tables and not have to eat on the trail. Just my two cents. I'll come out and run on Saturday but I'll be heading back to have lunch at a table and not on the dusty trail.

Noted. And will change! We should all be comfortable for lunch. I went back to camp last time we were there with the WAL group for lunch, but everyone else ate out on the trail. I agree

Last edited:

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
What time Saturday morning are y'all going to start? because I can't make it out Friday night.

Probably :thinking: When everyone is awake and ready to roll? 8? 8:15?

Just shout out on the CB when you get to the park, and we'll tell you where we are at. :thumb: I'll do my best to keep the thread updated if we have to change channels

EDIT: If anyone is interested in attending who is not very experienced. this a friendly reminder to bring what YOU need in order to have a good a weekend, this includes the basics, how you deal with your swaybar, how you deal with airing down, etc.

If you are BRAND NEW and this will be your first wheeling trip. Post up in this thread and let us know. Most of the participants on this run are well seasoned and we will be able to get you pointed in the right direction as far as what YOU need to bring in order for you and your jeep to have a great weekend!

Last edited:

Jake Wilson

Anyone interested in a run to hidden falls the weekend of 4/29-5/1

Im planning on meeting some friends (non WAL members) at hiddenfalls next weekend. This will probably be a little "advanced" for a newbie run, but still nothing crazy that a stock jeep couldn't get through with a good driver and a tow strap. Planning on running a little bit of anything and everything

Minimum requirements:
Rocker protection
Recovery points front and rear
Full size spare

Reccomended:
CB (Channel 4; Subject to change due to chatter)
35s +
Front and Rear Lockers
Winch
Recovery gear

Itinerary:

Friday:
after work, make the drive/convoy out to marble falls. The park hours are from 9am-9pm, so It looks like we will have to check into the park FIRST which may put a damper on the Dinner... But anyway;

*Possible* Meet and Greet dinner ~8:30pm:
Holy Smokes BBQ - 2704 Commerce St, Marble Falls, TX 78654 (across the street from Walmart)

*Possible* Backup Plan (if Holy Smokes is closed):
River City Grill - 700 1st St, Marble Falls, TX 78654 (open until 10pm)

*Possible* Camp Fire Dinner/eat on the drive out Friday.

Setup camp, *Possible* night run
and Suds. :beer: :beer:

Saturday:
The main trail day, wheel and have fun. We (Ian, and I at least) will head back to camp for lunch, then head out again for the rest of the afternoon/evening.
camp

Sunday:
I personally will not be running any trails Sunday after 10am or so... :cheesy: (like that will happen :crazyeyes:) And hope to be on the road home around Noon, I have to get ready to Adult for the following work week. :doh:

Post up a pic of your rig if your interested in tagging along.

Going:

1) Dwiggles (37s, Long Arm, JKUR)

2) iRonin (37s, Long Arm, F&R Lockers, JKU)

3) Jeep jk RUBY (35s, 3.5" Lift, JKUR)

4) Angry Aussie (37s, Long Arm, JKUR)

5)

Maybe:

1) TexasNick (35s, leveling kit, JKUR)

2) Granite_head (37s, 4" Lift, JKUR)

3) LSX-JEEP (37s, 4.5" Lift, JKU)

4)

I'll be up there Saturday if the weather holds I won't be camping tho. Looking forward to meeting some of the local WAL peeps!

Jeep jk RUBY

Probably :thinking: When everyone is awake and ready to roll? 8? 8:15?

Just shout out on the CB when you get to the park, and we'll tell you where we are at. :thumb: I'll do my best to keep the thread updated if we have to change channels

EDIT: If anyone is interested in attending who is not very experienced. this a friendly reminder to bring what YOU need in order to have a good a weekend, this includes the basics, how you deal with your swaybar, how you deal with airing down, etc.

If you are BRAND NEW and this will be your first wheeling trip. Post up in this thread and let us know. Most of the participants on this run are well seasoned and we will be able to get you pointed in the right direction as far as what YOU need to bring in order for you and your jeep to have a great weekend!

I actually don't have a CB but I can just meet y'all in the park.

Top Bottom