The BEST Internet Expert Advice I've Been Given

AZVAJKU

Hooked
Not so much of an expert but I thought I'd post this one up from drucifer3332 anyway because clearly, nothing you can say to a fanboy will get them to shut the fuck up about why what they chose to buy is the best thing since sliced bread and feel a need to make everyone agree with them.

For context, this was posted on the ORZ test drive video we made.

View attachment 398380
Tell me you work for AEV without telling me you work for AEV.

jeeeep

Hooked
Not so much of an expert but I thought I'd post this one up from drucifer3332 anyway because clearly, nothing you can say to a fanboy will get them to shut the fuck up about why what they chose to buy is the best thing since sliced bread and feel a need to make everyone agree with them.

For context, this was posted on the ORZ test drive video we made.

View attachment 398380
all this because you mentioned AEV lol

my original thought on the price was damn!! but then I looked at what was included, it appears to be 100% bolt on, no cutting, welding.

$2000 over an AEV kit? well, let's do some math ... I looked for the most complete JL high steer kit available (without having to piece meal it together), Rock Jock $1900, that doesn't address the ass end which will need to be addressed to get a good ride (oh yeah, I lobbed a softball there).

As you mentioned in the video, to get that smooth of a ride would likely be a change to long arms; long arm kits for a 2-door start around $5k then add in the install costs if you are not a good welder etc...

I had the AEV Dualsport RT on my JLU before the longarms, it was a decent ride, but it was all the changes I was planning that made me make the leap into a longarm suspension as it was cheaper in the long run at the time.

Next time mention Teraflex or Metal cloak, those guys get ramped up faster (y)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
all this because you mentioned AEV lol

my original thought on the price was damn!! but then I looked at what was included, it appears to be 100% bolt on, no cutting, welding.

$2000 over an AEV kit? well, let's do some math ... I looked for the most complete JL high steer kit available (without having to piece meal it together), Rock Jock $1900, that doesn't address the ass end which will need to be addressed to get a good ride (oh yeah, I lobbed a softball there).

As you mentioned in the video, to get that smooth of a ride would likely be a change to long arms; long arm kits for a 2-door start around $5k then add in the install costs if you are not a good welder etc...

I had the AEV Dualsport RT on my JLU before the longarms, it was a decent ride, but it was all the changes I was planning that made me make the leap into a longarm suspension as it was cheaper in the long run at the time.

Next time mention Teraflex or Metal cloak, those guys get ramped up faster (y)
LOL at Teraflex or Metalcloak and yes, you are right about that!

What I don't get is that I specifically pointed out how ride quality and handling are 100% subjective and this guy got bent over that. And, he still wanted to see me do a some kind of legit comparison like he's actually be interested in what I'd have to say?

But to your point, I totally agree. This kit really isn't as expensive as this fanboy is making it out to be or at least, in my opinion anyway and really, if he's happy with what he chose to buy, wonderful!

DaJudge

I don't know why I am amazed by the level of stupidity that comes out of people, but I still am!
I need to work on my unrealistic expectations!
For one thing the iron knuckles are $1000.00 plus now. So that eats up half of his complaint.
I wonder how much the rear correction brackets would be separately? AEV doesn't have those at all.
But the real stupidity is that you never said one thing against AEV, and their lift isn't something you would run.
Damn so many people are stupid, overly sensitive, insecure, and ignorant!
This crap is part of the "everyone gets a trophy" idiocy! "How dare you not praise my choice"

Top Bottom