The build of Big Red (Knuckles)

Ob 3 gallon cans really? Hmm kinda tempting.

I have thought about getting a hitch rack.

Sent from my phone?

For as little as I use it it's a great little accessory to have. I never have that much stuff in my jeep that I would need it so it doesn't get used much bit still nice to have

Oh and yes two 3 gallon cans!

Sent from my iPhone

well just as i thought would happen northridges "New" 2-3 day shipping policy from one of their "4" locations sucks. finally looked at my emails and saw they will not be to me till next thursday or friday. :mad: oh well i guess the price makes up for it a little bit. i bet if i order the drag link flip today from EVO or EVO MFG i will get it before my control arms

well just as i thought would happen northridges "New" 2-3 day shipping policy from one of their "4" locations sucks. finally looked at my emails and saw they will not be to me till next thursday or friday. :mad: oh well i guess the price makes up for it a little bit. i bet if i order the drag link flip today from EVO or EVO MFG i will get it before my control arms

:cheesy: but mrmet said you always get it two days later.

I was just telling steve how I ordered my sliders on the 22 but wont have them till the 30th, yet I ordered my skins from evo on the 23 and will have them on the 29th.....yeah northridges shipping sucks and is a joke....at least its free

well ended up buying the other 4 control arms today (front upper and rear lower). it came out to be a few hundred dollars cheaper i found out to buy all 8 arms individually then in the kit. i prob will prob wheel only 1-2 more times this year then i will get a new driveshaft (dont know if i should get front or rear first) and have that installed when i do a regear in the spring.

With just a 2.5" lift, you would probably start with the front DS and save the rear for later. That's what I'm doing. The pinion angle on the front will be tight on any front end droop, but should be okay on the rear for now.

With just a 2.5" lift, you would probably start with the front DS and save the rear for later. That's what I'm doing. The pinion angle on the front will be tight on any front end droop, but should be okay on the rear for now.

thanks Dave. yea i was leaning towards the front one first but because of what Eddie wrote in the "newb" section it hs me rethinking that the rear should be first.
"Q: Are new driveshafts needed after installing a lift?
A: You really should consider installing a new rear double cardin U-joint style drive shaft if you have lifted your Jeep JK Wrangler 3" or more and have a 2-door. This is needed because the short rear drive shaft of the 2-doors will be at a steep enough angle that the CV boots will wear out prematurely. However, in order to do this, you will need to buy a set of rear adjustable upper control arms so that you can properly set your pinion angle."

im thinking im up around 3" due to being a 2 door and since i have the "stiffer" teraflex coils.

thoughts?

thanks Dave. yea i was leaning towards the front one first but because of what Eddie wrote in the "newb" section it hs me rethinking that the rear should be first.
"Q: Are new driveshafts needed after installing a lift?
A: You really should consider installing a new rear double cardin U-joint style drive shaft if you have lifted your Jeep JK Wrangler 3" or more and have a 2-door. This is needed because the short rear drive shaft of the 2-doors will be at a steep enough angle that the CV boots will wear out prematurely. However, in order to do this, you will need to buy a set of rear adjustable upper control arms so that you can properly set your pinion angle."

im thinking im up around 3" due to being a 2 door and since i have the "stiffer" teraflex coils.

thoughts?

hmm yeah should prolly add a rear to my list as well.

My bad dude. I thought you had a 4-door. :doh: In that case, go with the expert opinion!

haha no worries dave! he actually says both should be replaced but i dont want to dish out the cash for both at once. i need to spread it out. need to figure out which one should be first lol. i guess the rear should be done first since i can drive without a front one if that fails.

And by get the rear I mean rear aftermarket. It's hard to find a rear factory for a two door.

Thank you for your help Adam I appreciate it! I will start looking into a JE Reel or coast rear driveshaft and see if I can find a front factory one for cheap as a spare

Sent from my iPhone

Check out adam's driveshafts. They are cheaper than a lot of others and I'm pretty sure you can get them with spicer u-joints

Thank you both for this info. I will also look into Adams driveshafts. Looking to get a the best driveshaft for the best price

Sent from my iPhone

Got my rear upper and front lower control arms today. Still waiting on front upper and rear lower to come in
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1383168960.234680.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Top Bottom