The build of M81 (Unofficial name)

Bierpower

Hooked
So I got a little bit of tear down down this afternoon. Started with ripping the t-case off of the back.
IMG_20170811_160635408.jpg
then pulled the y-pipe off of the exhaust so I could set the whole thing on the floor. From there I was able to separate the trans mission without dropping it on the floor.
IMG_20170811_171633540.jpg
IMG_20170811_171646099.jpg
After a run to the store for some bolts, I got the engine mounted on the stand and pulled all of the factory accessories.
IMG_20170811_190350827.jpg
Then I had to pick up all my toys so the jeeps would fit back in the garage. IMG_20170811_190403602.jpg
And if it rains tomorrow I'll probably pull the heads and the oil pan for some cleaning and inspection.

Sent from my XT1565 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bierpower

Hooked
Haven't taken a whole lot of pictures because I'm not sure how many people here are interested in rebuilding an LS but I got the head machines and it's prettyuch ready to go in. Only thing left is to contact motech and finish securing the funds. IMG_20170824_193930375.jpg IMG_20170824_193945675.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
Cool. Did you have the heads beefed up or just cleaned/inspected? Also are you going to run Gm accessories on the front of the engine? Ac, power steering, etc?

Bierpower

Hooked
Cool. Did you have the heads beefed up or just cleaned/inspected? Also are you going to run Gm accessories on the front of the engine? Ac, power steering, etc?
Head were cut .005 and all valves lapped with new seals and then cleaned. I am planning on all Jeep accessories, with the billet brackets from motech it seems a lot easier to plumb in and it will make future mods easier to find and install. (Mostly a PSC kit)

WJCO

Meme King
Head were cut .005 and all valves lapped with new seals and then cleaned. I am planning on all Jeep accessories, with the billet brackets from motech it seems a lot easier to plumb in and it will make future mods easier to find and install. (Mostly a PSC kit)

Sweet :thumb:

Bierpower

Hooked
Due to life getting in the way, I ended up selling the Jeep today. With a baby on the way and trying to finish my degree I just couldn't justify the extra vehicle any more.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

sipafz

Caught the Bug
^^ 2nd that! It’s definitely difficult to support that kind of project and balance young man responsibilities.

Slimebones

congrats on the kid, sorry to hear you lost the Jeep. Good memories you had with it, especially memorable trip going up to Wheeler Lake. Those scrapes are testament to some good terrain. Hope to see you again.

Top Bottom