The build of my flag ship Black Pearl

I'd bleed the steering system and check the stock pump, may not be keeping up with the flow requirements of the big bore, are you using the recommended Swepco fluid or the stock fluid?

I’ll check that out!
I did the recommended flush for install and run swepco in it. It’s one finger steering when driving. Wouldn’t the steering get stiffer if it wasn’t getting enough flow?

I’ll check that out!
I did the recommended flush for install and run swepco in it. It’s one finger steering when driving. Wouldn’t the steering get stiffer if it wasn’t getting enough flow?
I experienced it only during low-speed driving like while turning into a parking space.

Might watch the reservoir level while you have someone rev it up to see how far it drops.

Got the front of the jeep up on jack stands doing a bleeding process for power steering. Checked fluid level. It was a little low, above the minimum mark but not full. What I did notice when I started the engine watching the flow in the reservoir, it was almost cycloning. Waiting for the wife to get home to hold it at RPMs and turn the wheels and see what it does.

Could it be sucking air at speed because it only happens above 35mph in turns.

Got the front of the jeep up on jack stands doing a bleeding process for power steering. Checked fluid level. It was a little low, above the minimum mark but not full. What I did notice when I started the engine watching the flow in the reservoir, it was almost cycloning. Waiting for the wife to get home to hold it at RPMs and turn the wheels and see what it does.

Could it be sucking air at speed because it only happens above 35mph in turns.
very possible it's cavitating

Took the Jeep out this morning. I found a spot up the street from my house that has three consecutive sharp bumps. So I’ve succeeded in getting it to act up on a straightaway, we’ll kind of. It started but didn’t go past a heavy shimmy, it settled out on its own. What I did notice that I hadn’t heard before was a metallic pop. I’m pulling all my D rings, fuel cans and anything else that might make noise, before taking it out again. Also going to look for any bolt movement.

Took the Jeep out this morning. I found a spot up the street from my house that has three consecutive sharp bumps. So I’ve succeeded in getting it to act up on a straightaway, we’ll kind of. It started but didn’t go past a heavy shimmy, it settled out on its own. What I did notice that I hadn’t heard before was a metallic pop. I’m pulling all my D rings, fuel cans and anything else that might make noise, before taking it out again. Also going to look for any bolt movement.
down to a shimmy ... steering box bolts?
what drag link do you have?

down to a shimmy ... steering box bolts?
what drag link do you have?
I checked the steering box bolts, but I’ll re check them. I’m running the one that came with the EVO kit. I just replaced the just replaced the steering box side and have a new adjustment sleeve coming for it.

just opened the power steering reservoir look like maybe some bubbles when I pulled the lid. Don’t really have the $1300 for the PSC kit to rule that out completely, but I could probably find it.

I still would have thought it would show up sooner if it was in the hydraulic system. But I can’t rule it out yet.

just opened the power steering reservoir look like maybe some bubbles when I pulled the lid. Don’t really have the $1300 for the PSC kit to rule that out completely, but I could probably find it.

I still would have thought it would show up sooner if it was in the hydraulic system. But I can’t rule it out yet.
If you have an upside down trap ( hose goes high, then low, then high again) it can forever for all the air to work out.

I checked the steering box bolts, but I’ll re check them. I’m running the one that came with the EVO kit. I just replaced the just replaced the steering box side and have a new adjustment sleeve coming for it.
are the drag link adjustment collar pinch bolts aligned with the open section of the adjustment collar?

If you have an upside down trap ( hose goes high, then low, then high again) it can forever for all the air to work out.
I understand that and the hard line coming out of the steering box has one smaller one when it come out and over the box, but that would have caused cavitation the whole time. I would think. It’s been two years and several thousand miles and it just showed up one day. Having air trapped in the system should also make the steering more erratic and the vehicle would wonder. There isn’t any lag/delay it doesn’t over steer at all.

I have a big dirt pile in my field right now. I’m gonna drive up it to put the jeep at a good angle to overcome those rises and do some full lock to lock turns.

Been out testing the Jeep, to see if it’ll start behaving. The last new part installed was the draglink adjuster sleeve. It seems to be doing alright. I might be overly paranoid about it, thinking I feel something when nothing is happening.

Anyways. Went out and picked up stuff to start our front yard project this morning.

Attachments

• IMG_8603.jpeg
    IMG_8603.jpeg
    415.2 KB · Views: 3
Top Bottom