The Build of NABOO the Starfighter JK

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
M_Savage;919587 If it's the steering box then looks like no choice but PSC hydro! Sent from my iPhone using [url=http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415 said:
WAYALIFE mobile app[/url]

That's the spirit!:D

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Picked the jeep up in Monday. Been holding off on an update so I know it's fixed before I mention what was wrong.

All parts are on and NABOO is back to working order and driving very well. better than when I bought him actually.

The shop diagnostics were the following:
Drag link rod end connecting to pitman arm was a little loose
Toe was waaaay off.
Alignment was off too
Upper bushing in axle are bad.
Here is the kicker though. And what I guess was the issue.... bad shocks.

Because my shocks were bad when I would hit bumps my wheels just wanted to bounce around.

Fortunately the jeep community is great and especially here on wayalife because I was offered replacement parts to get me back in the road.

Thanks to HazMatJK for the basically brand new shocks! NABOO is very happy now!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Here are the tie rod ends I replaced. They were very bad.
IMG_8955.jpg

The upper control arm bushings I replaced with EVO upper control arms.
IMG_8965.jpg
And then it basically just fell out.
IMG_8966.jpg

Since my shocks were bad I mind as well redo the suspension entirely.

EVO 4" Plush ride coils thanks to tgoss
Bilstein shocks thanks to HazMatJK
IMG_8977.jpg

With jeepjeep75 help we got the suspension knocked out in 3 hours yesterday.
IMG_8976.jpg
IMG_8977.jpg

Lastly I put a set of EVO mini fenders in.
IMG_8970.jpg

NABOO is looking good and driving great!!
IMG_8980.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Rig looks good. I'm thinking the bushings and tie rod ends were the cause of the death wobble. Either way, glad it's driving well for you now.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Rig looks good. I'm thinking the bushings and tie rod ends were the cause of the death wobble. Either way, glad it's driving well for you now.

i replaced so many parts who knows what was the cause. haha :icon_crazy: ohh well. live and learn. probably will take it to the shop sooner next time an issue comes up and i can't figure it out myself.

AlStew

whats going on with yours?

Need to replace my unit bearings, I need to rebuild my front air bumps, and dial in the length. When we are at cougar buttes I went into my grill with my driver front. Getting some vibrations around 50-60mph.

After that, I am getting builder corners, and I will prob need to stop by your shop up there lol.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Need to replace my unit bearings, I need to rebuild my front air bumps, and dial in the length. When we are at cougar buttes I went into my grill with my driver front. Getting some vibrations around 50-60mph.

After that, I am getting builder corners, and I will prob need to stop by your shop up there lol.

saw you did your unit bearings. not a bad job is it? just time consuming cause of those 3 bolts which are not the easiest to get to. you decided to do the builder corners and not just the regular corners?

lets schedule a shop date for you at jeepjeep75 house. him and i are pretty familiar with putting these on now:clap2:

Glad to hear that Naboo is cured!!:thumb:

the only thing left to replace is the axle bushings for the upper control arm. they are fairly worn out.

Top Bottom