The build of Wheezy (aka anti-squeakers)

Sheaffadelic

Caught the Bug
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427933121.999251.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427933133.009149.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427933144.075433.jpg

Trektop got delivered yesterday and I had to put it on right away.... Even though it's still 35-40 degrees in the morning. Owell!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Excuse my lack of knowledge on the subject, but are just spot welds enough for the c-gussets or did Jim finish the rest of the bead? Just curious, been talking to the father in-law about welding some on...

Nice looking rig, sorry your having issues though...

- Donnie

Spot welds were just to get them in place then he took his time laying the bead in different sections

bonedaddy

that's what I figured ... some dumbass I was talking to here locally just does the spot welds, a few more than jim did and was trying to tell me that a solid bead wasn't necessary nor could he do it with the BJ installed... which I know is horse shit since almost everyone I have seen on here leaves them installed - unless swapping out of course...

Thanks...

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
that's what I figured ... some dumbass I was talking to here locally just does the spot welds, a few more than jim did and was trying to tell me that a solid bead wasn't necessary nor could he do it with the BJ installed... which I know is horse shit since almost everyone I have seen on here leaves them installed - unless swapping out of course...

Thanks...

All you need to do is take your time and go from one side of the axle to the next to make sure you don't overheat the ball joints

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
All you need to do is take your time and go from one side of the axle to the next to make sure you don't overheat the ball joints

This. It would be nice to be able to do this at the same time as replacing the ball joints since you could go a bit faster, but I have done 3 installs now with no issues at all when you just take your time.

Sheaffadelic

Caught the Bug
Soooo sad news is squeakers is getting traded in tomorrow night most likely.... BUT. Being traded on a 2011 rubicon. Looks like it's time to start all over!

Top Bottom