The build/re-build of Gruff

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Hey stranger! How's the BMW coming along? Looks like a handful!

Still apart waiting on a new cage and wiring, bought another project thats been keeping me busy. Also starting to turn the truck into more of an overlander/race support vehicle. Maybe I will take it wheeling with you guys.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Awesome! Looks like Jeff, you and I are all about in the same time line. Can wait to see the tires mounted up!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

jorgelrod

Hooked
Ended up going with 68.5" rear

So 68.5 is where the front ends up with the TF full float conversion? 65.5 is the standard JK semi float axle length quoted to me by Dynatrac a while back before talk of doing something like what you did was even in the picture. so the Hub and spindles extend each side an inch and a half out, interesting stuff for sure.

Last edited:

Ddays

Hooked
So 68.5 is where the front ends up with the TF full float conversion? 65.5 is the standard JK semi float axle length quoted to me by Dynatrac a while back before talk of doing something like what you did was even in the picture. so the Hub and spindles extend each side an inch and a half out, interesting stuff for sure.

I solved all of those ^^ issues with these

dynatrac-hard-core-axle-set.jpg

And the TF kit does not add width to the existing axle - it's the same width as a standard unit bearing

Weebz

Caught the Bug
How did I miss that you went with a full new axle set? I know you and I talked about it but hadn’t realized you pulled the trigger. Congrats!

Ddays

Hooked
How did I miss that you went with a full new axle set? I know you and I talked about it but hadn’t realized you pulled the trigger. Congrats!

LOL, I never said anything til today. I sat with pencil & calculator & decided instead of nibbling around the edges I'd just quit screwing around and take one big bite & be done with it.

Weebz

Caught the Bug
LOL, I never said anything til today. I sat with pencil & calculator & decided instead of nibbling around the edges I'd just quit screwing around and take one big bite & be done with it.

We are all going broke. Do they ha e a support group for our kind because I need one!

Ddays

Hooked
Nice new tires...I am awaiting the burn out video after mounting...

You first :bleh:

We are all going broke. Do they ha e a support group for our kind because I need one!

Yep - it meets in Moab this Summer ;)

Congrats on the upgrades!
Did you get rid of the Chambers?

Thanks! No, I'm probably going to throw them on the JL once I quit blowing money of Gruff. I need to figure what lift I want on it.

Top Bottom