The building of Bison

Great pictures and one heck of a trip. Glad to see only minor damage and just proves that the build never ends. Weird about the belt. You mention “play”. Can you tell if the pulley wobbles or is loose? I would check over the belt, other pulleys and tensioner.

Great pictures and one heck of a trip. Glad to see only minor damage and just proves that the build never ends. Weird about the belt. You mention “play”. Can you tell if the pulley wobbles or is loose? I would check over the belt, other pulleys and tensioner.

I checked all the other pulleys as of they are carrying straight.

There is no wobble, but there is play in and out. What led me to it was a the fittings we a bit wet after all the force put they them on the trail. Or the shaft seal is leaking.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Thanks everyone in Moab for a ton of epic memories! I can’t wait to get back. Here are a couple shots of the run. Jerry, the photographs you took are amazing. And thank you Byron for leading us down the trail!

View attachment 351560

View attachment 351561

View attachment 351562

View attachment 351563

Now to what needs to get fixed after the run:

Time for weld on sliders. Rocker knocker on Pritchett rocked my rocker.

View attachment 351564

So it looks like I’ll be ordering a set of EVO skins and weld on rockers this fall.

My genesis dual battery tray decided to rub thru the positive line heading into the fuse panel on golden spike. After an hour long trail repair at 110 degrees we got it up and running again. I need to cut out that bad section out and reconnect. I also want to get a 6 panel relay down under the dash to eliminate all the mess up on top the batteries.

My driver rear coilover bumped the track bar bolt a couple times.

View attachment 351565

Still holding pressure fine, but I’ll need to clock my track bar axle mount up to fix it.

And finally one I can’t figure out. My serpentine belt isn’t sitting centered on the PSC pulley. I’ve recentered it a couple times and as soon as the engine turns over it slides back over. There is a little play in the pulley itself. Any ideas? Pump going bad? It could’ve been this way for a long time and I just never noticed it.

View attachment 351566

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler
Sorry to here about the damage and hope the shock is a easy fix.

Sent from my SM-G986U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sorry to here about the damage and hope the shock is a easy fix.

Sent from my SM-G986U using WAYALIFE mobile app

At least it was out having fun! It’s just that lower lip that’s bent out. As long as it’s holding pressure, not much more I’m going do about it other than move the TB mount like Jeff’s. Till then, I have it strapped over so it doesn’t get any worse.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Thanks everyone in Moab for a ton of epic memories! I can’t wait to get back. Here are a couple shots of the run. Jerry, the photographs you took are amazing. And thank you Byron for leading us down the trail!

View attachment 351560

View attachment 351561

View attachment 351562

View attachment 351563

Now to what needs to get fixed after the run:

Time for weld on sliders. Rocker knocker on Pritchett rocked my rocker.

View attachment 351564

So it looks like I’ll be ordering a set of EVO skins and weld on rockers this fall.

My genesis dual battery tray decided to rub thru the positive line heading into the fuse panel on golden spike. After an hour long trail repair at 110 degrees we got it up and running again. I need to cut out that bad section out and reconnect. I also want to get a 6 panel relay down under the dash to eliminate all the mess up on top the batteries.

My driver rear coilover bumped the track bar bolt a couple times.

View attachment 351565

Still holding pressure fine, but I’ll need to clock my track bar axle mount up to fix it.

And finally one I can’t figure out. My serpentine belt isn’t sitting centered on the PSC pulley. I’ve recentered it a couple times and as soon as the engine turns over it slides back over. There is a little play in the pulley itself. Any ideas? Pump going bad? It could’ve been this way for a long time and I just never noticed it.

View attachment 351566

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Do you need to relocate the track bar mount on the frame?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

No, on the axle. Jeff’s (Weebz) welder did a great job moving it on top the axle more verses off the side of the tube giving him miles of clearance. I need to have mine moved to that location.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Ahh, I thought that pic looked like the frame bracket

Bill, it really looks like you guys hit a lot of the good stuff in Moab. As far as your belt, not sure if it is the same problem but definitely what mine looked like. Long story short PSC sent us and I think it happened to Eddie too. they sent us the wrong bracket to mount the pump. It shredded my serpentine setting on yellow jacket. When I put a new one back on it was riding just like yours.

Bill, it really looks like you guys hit a lot of the good stuff in Moab. As far as your belt, not sure if it is the same problem but definitely what mine looked like. Long story short PSC sent us and I think it happened to Eddie too. they sent us the wrong bracket to mount the pump. It shredded my serpentine setting on yellow jacket. When I put a new one back on it was riding just like yours.

Thanks Jeff. I’m calling PSC in the morning. The way the belt wants to ride makes me think it’s been this way for a long time with no issues. The edges still look brand new.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Lol, don't you have work you should be doing?

PS: Powerball jackpot is estimated at $20m this Saturday. :cool:

It’s over rated that work thing. I just interviewed a guy. Does that count? Next up is a trip to the convenient store for tickets. I really think I’m made more for wheeling and fixing things then working and having to make money.

Top Bottom