The Building of Compromise

WJCO

Meme King
Got two of the cargo tie downs on. We'll do the other two when we install it after we know about where the soft top folds down on top of it. It's still too tacky to put on the Jeep yet, probably another few days. Plus this stuff stinks for at least a week.

0501171457.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
Got this cargo cover done. We're really happy with everything about it except it's not as stout in the middle as we would like. I've got a couple ideas to fix it but we don't want to lose cargo space either. Here's a bunch of angles showing how it sits with the seats and soft top if different positions. We can still access all features on the top with no interference or hassle. And seats still fold down, etc. And I took Adam's suggestion about the weatherstrip, great idea, and you can't even tell it's there.

0502171456.jpg

0502171449.jpg

0502171502.jpg

0502171457.jpg

0502171524.jpg

0502171503.jpg

0502171450.jpg

0502171448.jpg

0502171522.jpg

0502171528.jpg

0502171508.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
I like it!

Looks good!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Awesome man. Perfect fit and looks almost like it came with the jeep.

Thumbs up. Looks great.

That turned out great. Makes me want to try to do this again.

Thanks for the positive feedback. We're pretty happy with how it turned out as well.

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
I wrapped mine in fabric, but the bedliner idea looks a lot better. Might have to look at re-doing mine. Great stuff

WJCO

Meme King
I think that may be your best option without compromising to much height/space. Maybe use a flat head bolt from the top (recessed) and nut on bottom holding iron on. Screws will pull out of the wood over time is why I suggest that.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

It's more of where it hangs out in the back near the tailgate. Even though it's fastened on the edges, it still has a movement when you push down on it. We're more worried it will warp over time than anything. Kind of hard to explain, but I think any metal support under it will still move with it unless the metal is attached to the tub sides, but then we'll have gaps where it's fastened.

I wrapped mine in fabric, but the bedliner idea looks a lot better. Might have to look at re-doing mine. Great stuff

Thanks. We almost did carpet, as it looks good too, but then we thought of trying this and glad we did. It took a little more than a quart at 3 coats. We only did the top side and edges. The bottom we just sealed with spray paint.

Top Bottom