The Building of the Banana Jeep

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Fenders look good! That bumper is beefy! Good job on the paint

^^^^ Yep, all this!^^^^

Thank you! I'm really surprised how the paint turned out. I didn't want to wait for Powdercoat, but have never painted anything this big before. I did quite a bit of research, cleaned the metal really well, and overall I'm very happy with the results. Maybe one day in the future I'd like to color match the bumper. I think that would look alright :)

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Far from an 'epic' campsite, but this has been a super fun weekend. Great friends, great food, and such a fun day of wheeling.

IMG_9144.jpg

IMG_9150.jpg

Sadly all I got was that poser pic while out and about today. I always forget to take pictures while wheeling. Will have to see if someone else got any.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Not really build thread related but I figured I would share here. Went and checked out the Rubicon Recon and Chief yesterday. Pretty cool! The Chief isn't really my style but very unique.

IMG_9178.jpg

IMG_9180.jpg

IMG_9179.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Oreo

Those new fenders make it look like a whole new rig. Awesome.

Last edited:

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
So I bought some new coils that'll give my TJ about 3.5"-4" lift.... and I am getting ready to swap 4.88s into a HP 30. After I put the new axles in, it's time to order some 35s :D

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
So I bought some new coils that'll give my TJ about 3.5"-4" lift.... and I am getting ready to swap 4.88s into a HP 30. After I put the new axles in, it's time to order some 35s :D
Very sweet! Post some pics when you're done! How has the Tuttle Creek cleanup? I didn't get a chance to make it?

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Very sweet! Post some pics when you're done! How has the Tuttle Creek cleanup? I didn't get a chance to make it?

Very fun. The park was pretty clean to begin with, but lots of downed trees that we were able to cut up and get off the trails. As far as wheeling goes, my little group didn't get any pictures because we were having so much fun. I'll be back down this Saturday, weather permitting.

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
Very fun. The park was pretty clean to begin with, but lots of downed trees that we were able to cut up and get off the trails. As far as wheeling goes, my little group didn't get any pictures because we were having so much fun. I'll be back down this Saturday, weather permitting.

I wanted to make it out but I just got my truck put back together. I ended up snapping a stub shaft in my front IFS. Guess that's what you get when you put posi front and rear. I keep snapping CV shafts so trying to find a different route. Well glad you had fun! I'll talk with the wife, maybe we can make it out Saturday. Weather looks like it's going to be cold and rainy.[emoji19]

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
I wanted to make it out but I just got my truck put back together. I ended up snapping a stub shaft in my front IFS. Guess that's what you get when you put posi front and rear. I keep snapping CV shafts so trying to find a different route. Well glad you had fun! I'll talk with the wife, maybe we can make it out Saturday. Weather looks like it's going to be cold and rainy.[emoji19]

The trails down there get extremely slick when wet. I've wheeled down there in the rain and it's no fun at all. I'm just praying the weather forecast changes before then... it does every time it's forecasted to be a nice day :crazyeyes:

Top Bottom