The Building of the Banana Jeep

buckweil

Exactly. I have ridden in TJs on 35s and while they look awesome on the road, the wheelbase is too short IMO off-road. Plus, I'm trying to stay as low and as light as possible. I think the new flares will clear 33s just fine. The fronts will for sure, the rears... ehh maybe. If they don't, I'll get the sawzall out and start cutting :)
Comp cut!? 😂😂

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Discount Tire done did it again! Outstanding customer service, didn't have to wait long, free water... the list goes on. What a great company to spend my money at. Loving the new tires!

IMG_0112.jpg

IMG_0116.jpg

IMG_0120.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
Discount Tire done did it again! Outstanding customer service, didn't have to wait long, free water... the list goes on. What a great company to spend my money at. Loving the new tires!

View attachment 262505

View attachment 262506

View attachment 262507

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Those tires are looking great! I love discount tire, they've always been nothing but great and the employees at my local one love working on my Jeep.

Sent from my Life One X2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
So I think this week I am going to start stripping apart the rear end and putting my new axle in. For the time being, I'm going to replace the front gears with 4.88s to match the rear. I debated swapping in a HP30 but right now it's not worth the time and effort, as I will soon be putting different axles in all together. The new tires and 4 cylinder engine are making it nearly impossible to go over 65; not to mention, I can't use 6th gear like I could before. I'm hoping the 4.88s give it enough power to run at least 70 and if I'm lucky I'll still have enough power to put air conditioning in my Jeep :crazyeyes:

WJCO

Meme King
So I think this week I am going to start stripping apart the rear end and putting my new axle in. For the time being, I'm going to replace the front gears with 4.88s to match the rear. I debated swapping in a HP30 but right now it's not worth the time and effort, as I will soon be putting different axles in all together. The new tires and 4 cylinder engine are making it nearly impossible to go over 65; not to mention, I can't use 6th gear like I could before. I'm hoping the 4.88s give it enough power to run at least 70 and if I'm lucky I'll still have enough power to put air conditioning in my Jeep :crazyeyes:

What axles are you going with?

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
What axles are you going with?

For the time being I'm putting in a Super 35 I got for a good deal. Wasn't my first choice, but like I said.. I got a good deal on it. Eventually when I build my savings back up, I'd like to run ProRock 44s front/rear.

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Have you noticed if the engine runs cooler since you did this? I know technically these do work and temps can be measured, etc, but have you actually noticed the gauge staying lower or fan coming on less, etc?

Honestly, no. I do notice heat escapes much easier (obviously) but the engine still runs at the same temps and I still notice the fan kicking on - which isn't necessarily a bad thing as that's what it's there for. Since I installed it the temperature outside has gone significantly up, so that is something to consider. I have noticed the hood stays much cooler and when I turn the Jeep off, it cools down much quicker.

GraniteCrystal

Have you noticed if the engine runs cooler since you did this? I know technically these do work and temps can be measured, etc, but have you actually noticed the gauge staying lower or fan coming on less, etc?
Good question. I was driving Lakewood to Conifer to Twin Cedars to Deckers over the weekend. In the 90s outside, climbing over the Rockies, and the temp gauge started climbing. At one point I have my foot all the way down and it didn't want to downshift, I think due to temps. Had to let off the gas, then hit it again.

All that had me thinking of adding one of these.

Top Bottom