Eggdashure

Quick video of a trip through Bangs Canyon a couple weekends ago. :thumb:

And a poser shot: :brows:

Jeep_Rock.jpg

Last edited:

Eggdashure

Well...our garage just got a lot more awesome. We sold my wife's 08 Patriot:

IMG_20180304_161759.jpg

And paid cash for a 2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon!

IMG_20180311_135704.jpg

Two days after we brought her home, a CEL pops on. [emoji35] I pulled the codes and it was showing a problem with Injector 4. I replaced the plugs, wires, Distributor, CEL was still in place. So, I ordered an Injector online, spent 4 hours tearing the engine apart and putting it back together and thankfully...everything worked great!

Not the start we wanted, but hopefully everything is good to go. [emoji4]

IMG_20180311_132249.jpg

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Well...our garage just got a lot more awesome.

IMG_20180311_135704.jpg

Two days after we brought her home, a CEL pops on. [emoji35] I pulled the codes and it was showing a problem with Injector 4. I replaced the plugs, wires, Distributor, CEL was still in place. So, I ordered an Injector online, spent 4 hours tearing the engine apart and putting it back together and thankfully...everything worked great!

Not the start we wanted, but hopefully everything is good to go. [emoji4]

Nice addition to the family. What code was it throwing that lead you to replace the injector?

Eggdashure

Thanks for the kudos all! Much appreciated.

The Jeep was throwing a P0304 code (Mis Fire) along with a similar code stating Fuel Injector 4 was the issue. I was hoping it just needed a tune up, but no such luck. I had to tear apart the top of the engine and replace the Fuel Injector. Thankfully, that corrected the issue and the Jeep has been running solid since. And, it saved me a ton of money doing it myself. I paid $55 for the Injector and spent about 3 hours doing the work. Much better than the $700 I was quoted. :eek:

We have been so busy this spring that we haven't had a chance to hit anymore trails this spring...but hopefully we will have some upcoming trips soon. See you on the trail! :beer:

Eggdashure

New Jeep looks great man. You’ll have to let me know when you want to go run Bangs canyon. I’m going to school here and love that trail for a mellow run.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

You should check out GMJC (Grand Mesa Jeep Club) gmjc.org or they are on Facebook. They make regular runs around the area, down to Moab, up to Ouray, etc. We were actually cruising through Bangs Canyon last year and were approached by the club to come on a few runs. We did and later became members. Awesome group! :D

Eggdashure

A couple new mods for the twins. Crimson got a bit of a boost up to 4". Helped out the tracking a bit as I think it was too low for the geo brackets before. Can't argue with more lift either. [emoji6]

IMG_20180519_191137-01.jpg

The wife's Jeep got some new off road lights. The previous set was huge and almost covered the turn signals. The new ones are much more modest and a lot whiter light. Not bad for $15 off Amazon.

IMG_20180518_213705.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
...Corkscrew Pass up around Ouray. Unbelievably, nearly everything was open...that's not a good thing this early in the season.

Great pics. I was up around 12k yesterday as well. Very scary the lack of snow up there on this side of the slope as well. We have a spot we go to almost every year and the snow seemed about 10 feet lower this year.

Eggdashure

Great pics. I was up around 12k yesterday as well. Very scary the lack of snow up there on this side of the slope as well. We have a spot we go to almost every year and the snow seemed about 10 feet lower this year.

Thanks!

Yeah, there are already wildfires to our South and a few brush fires nearby. It's not going to be a good summer for drought and fires. And it is so windy this year too. Hopefully we get some moisture.

Eggdashure

We've had a busy summer! We took visiting family on Seven Mile Rim...IN JULY! Temp gauge read 101 for most of the trip and Air Conditioning was a wash. Still a fun trip and we got to show some out of staters what Moab Jeeping is all about.

Yesterday, my Winch lost its virginity. We ran a trail with our Local Jeep Club called Calamity Mesa Loop. This is by far the most difficult trail we've run to date. We only took the Bandit this time since I didn't think the wife's Jeep would be able to make it without damage. I was right! Keep in mind we had probably 15 Jeeps on this run, so it was a bit crowded. After lunch we were only 2 Jeeps in front of the Tail Gunner. On one obstacle (that I can't recall the name of) it was so chewed up by the time we got to it that I had very little chance of successfully navigating a good path. Even with a 4inch lift, 35's and both axles locked.

As I made my attempt, I felt the back end shift and next thing I knew, I was sitting on a rock right on the belly of the Jeep. Not much more I could do, so we pulled out the winch line and hooked to a pre-established tree saver wrapped around a rock. The Harbor Freight Winch pulled me right up, albeit slightly slower than others. I was happy she held up well!

After wards, I checked for carnage...One of my fenders took a hit, but did its job and protected the body of the Jeep. One of my rims had some pretty major rock rash and my front bumper took a hit, but didn't do any damage.

I'm still trying to understand why I was so happy even after damaging my Jeep. I'm sure some of you out there understand what I'm saying! [emoji6]

Eggdashure

Some new addons for the wife's Jeep. A Kargo Master Congo Pro Roof Rack along with a Tuff Stuff 4 Person Tent. The rack was $903, the tent was $1809 and we also bought some cheap universal crossbars from Amazon so around $2800 for the whole setup. We talked about it and the thing we always hated about our camper is that we had to stick to campgrounds and towing through the mountains really took a toll on my Jeep when running larger tires. With this setup, we can get to some remote areas and still have a comfy place to sleep.

IMG_20180830_195040_01.jpg

The tent is big and pretty heavy (187 lbs), but the Jeep still drove and rode without any additional effort. One thing I will say is the tent really isn't for 4 people...I mean, we made it work with 4 of us and two small dogs, but we all had to sleep on our sides (Two adults, one kiddo and one teenager). This isn't a complaint of the tent, just letting people know who might be considering it. For our next outing, I plan to sleep in a cot in the lower annex...it will work out well for me because I like to sleep cooler anyways.

Both Jeeps went on the excursion:

IMG_20180831_142733_01.jpg

We were up around Silverjack Reservoir which is in the hills between Montrose and Ouray. Beautiful country, but sadly...the reservoir was VERY low. For some reason, I didn't take a pic of the camp all set up. The next morning, we decided to pack up and move to a new site closer to home and we thought the Grand Mesa would be a good spot! Until, we got there and it was snaining and 38 degrees at 3 o'clock in the afternoon!!! The wife and kids didn't think camping in those temps overnight would be much fun, so we continued on home. We're planning another excursion this weekend as well to iron out our process.

We hope to make several fall trips to Moab this year!

Top Bottom