The Escalator - Hell's Revenge - Moab, UT

fiend

Caught the Bug
I made it in my rig. Dont have any pics on my phone as I was driving but ill see if I can get sny from the guys I was with. First line I fell in the hole with passenger rear and was looking at the sky. Backed up and went more passenger with tires on that wall and rode it out.

That’s what I was thinking. Ride the passenger side wall pretty aggressively. Of course, I’m just an arm chair YouTube watcher. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Weebz

Caught the Bug
I have one video of a guy on 41.5 pitbulls that is about 2" wider than I am. He made it easy.

Watched a video of Lite Brite doing it. They tried the line I did last time (high to the passenger side) but backed out because they thought it was going to roll. Then somehow drove right out of it.

Both times I have tried I end up in the same spot winching out. Once I get in the hole I am there...

You and i chatted on this and fully agree that despite how the line looks for our width you need to much further passenger. Come at it almost an angle to stop your rear from walking into that hole. I’m down for a run from Sand Hallow to hit it. I really want a crack at that myself.

MericaMade

You and i chatted on this and fully agree that despite how the line looks for our width you need to much further passenger. Come at it almost an angle to stop your rear from walking into that hole. I’m down for a run from Sand Hallow to hit it. I really want a crack at that myself.
That's dedication!!!! Driving 5 hours to hit a obstacle.... I like your commitment. When you guys heading out to Sand Hallow?

Sent from my SM-N975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

dillard09

That’s what I was thinking. Ride the passenger side wall pretty aggressively. Of course, I’m just an arm chair YouTube watcher. [emoji23]

Yes thats it and like Chris (IrishJK) said you have to watch how your rear tracks. Make sure it makes it up on the wall too.

bhaner

Here is one of the good videos. I was SO close to where I needed to be! ( Tried to be as far passenger as I could without rolling over)

If I would have turned passenger when I stopped I think I could have kept the rear tire on the wall.

Next time!

https://youtu.be/YSn8MnOmsn0

Last edited:

MericaMade

Here is one of the good videos. I was SO close to where I needed to be! ( Tried to be as far passenger as I could without rolling over)

If I would have turned passenger when I stopped I think I could have kept the rear tire on the wall.

Next time!

Yeah, I was no help at all. I was certain you were gonna roll driver side in the beginning but you just pushed through it. I swear I got you from a few different angles. I'll take a look at my videos again.

fiend

Caught the Bug

Next time!

I like the commentary. Yup, yup ... oh fuck.

bhaner

Yeah, I was no help at all. I was certain you were gonna roll driver side in the beginning but you just pushed through it. I swear I got you from a few different angles. I'll take a look at my videos again.

I have a bunch of videos from the google drive. I think you had a few in there.

I was so pissed that I didn't make it... I wouldn't even watch the videos.

Yesterday was the first time I looked at them. You did get some good shots!

Even if I am in there looking like an idiot. :doh:

MericaMade

I have a bunch of videos from the google drive. I think you had a few in there.

I was so pissed that I didn't make it... I wouldn't even watch the videos.

Yesterday was the first time I looked at them. You did get some good shots!

Even if I am in there looking like an idiot. :doh:
It was close. I know Weebs and I were talking but I was stumped. All I can say is some old timer that was out there the first time I went to MOAB said stay right and don't turn driver. We watched a Razor go up and another flip before we left.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
At least I am not the only one who ends up in the hole rolling white smoke! :thumb:

You’re Jeep is a lot different than all the ones in this thread. You have a lever and it doesn’t travel in the typical arc that a regular axle does. Remember that. It drops straight down not arc like.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jdofmemi

Next time!

Watching this video in particular, I'm pretty convinced that your problem started on the first climb.

I think you need to come up it as far passenger as good sense allows, and that will get the ass end over where it needs to be to get up on the wall.

I'm not guaranteeing anything, but that's what I will try next time I get a chance.

bhaner

You’re Jeep is a lot different than all the ones in this thread. You have a lever and it doesn’t travel in the typical arc that a regular axle does. Remember that. It drops straight down not arc like.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

True it is different... But the lever doesn't change where the axle is. That is still controlled by the control arms. The lever just acts as the coil spring / coilover. The axle still swings in an arc as it lowers.

bhaner

Watching this video in particular, I'm pretty convinced that your problem started on the first climb.

I think you need to come up it as far passenger as good sense allows, and that will get the ass end over where it needs to be to get up on the wall.

I'm not guaranteeing anything, but that's what I will try next time I get a chance.

Yep. When I first entered the bowl I was as far as I could get to the passenger side. The video above was actually from the 2nd or 3rd attempt. I had already backed up and reset.

I just needed to keep the front more passenger once I got to the hole. I went driver too soon and dropped the rear in the hole.

Top Bottom