The Garage thread

HoosierWolf

"...my favorite garage feature. Spill oil? Just wipe it up."

Wow, since I judge the success of my oil changes by how big and numerous the oil stains on my garage floor are, perhaps I should be considering this stuff.

dwmgcs

Wow, since I judge the success of my oil changes by how big and numerous the oil stains on my garage floor are, perhaps I should be considering this stuff.

Just remember that if you already have oil stains on the floor the epoxy won't want to stick to those spots, you need to get all the oil up and use some muriatic acid and water mix to etch those surfaces before you put down the epoxy, in fact it wouldn't hurt to do the whole floor to help it stick everywhere. I have seen a lot of floors done and so many of them weren't prepared properly and the coatings don't stick and it peels up.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug

It's almost comical when I do an oil change. I have a tendency to be a pretty neat and clean person, but I somehow always manage to make a mess with an oil change. I've had the oil stream perfectly hit the center hole and bounce perfectly out of the catch pan. I've pulled the plug only to have an 20mph wind gust blow through the garage. The list goes on! :eek:

I can wrench on a Jeep like the best of em, but an oil change? Fuggetaboutit! :cool:

It's almost comical when I do an oil change. I have a tendency to be a pretty neat and clean person, but I somehow always manage to make a mess with an oil change. I've had the oil stream perfectly hit the center hole and bounce perfectly out of the catch pan. I've pulled the plug only to have an 20mph wind gust blow through the garage. The list goes on! :eek:

I can wrench on a Jeep like the best of em, but an oil change? Fuggetaboutit! :cool:

Im right with ya. That coating would be nice for me. I dont know why i bothered buying a catch pan. 3/4 of it ends up in the damn floor.

jkwebbie

Im right with ya. That coating would be nice for me. I dont know why i bothered buying a catch pan. 3/4 of it ends up in the damn floor.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that can't do a damn oil change without half of the oil getting all over the driveway. The last oil change I did I picked the perfect day, I literally checked the weather for an entire week to get a good day. Weather man says its gonna be 75 with no wind....well we know how that ends up. I pull the drain plug and HUGE gust of wind comes out of nowhere (literally, I had washed the Jeep just minutes before and not a single gust) and there goes the oil all over the driveway.

dwmgcs

Is that a wide-tire Sportster?

Yeah, it's got a 240 tire on back, wide glide front end and lots of other stuff, I had to pretty much fabricate everything myself though, nobody made what I wanted, as usual, lol, its a pretty sweet bike and a real head turner and attention getter.
DSC00140.jpg
0807122213.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom