The head or the heart

Erockhopper

I think you will regret 35's if you are already thinking about running them. I am running 35's on my 2015 Rubicon that is a daily driver, I am not racking up quite that many miles but have been happy with them. I picked up an AEV procal and it has been one of the best investments I have made.

scrota76

I run 35's with 3.73 gears and an auto trans. I have an AEV 3.5 RS lift. I sometimes commute 205 miles round trip to work. I average 17 MPG going about 68 MPH to work and 72 MPH on the way home (there is a strong ocean wind on my way in down the Salinas Valley). I have been very happy with my setup. However, i just ordered 4.56 gears, which is mainly for offroad performance. I didnt buy a Jeep for MPG, so any decision i make has nothing to do with my commute.

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
I agree with what everyone is saying, if you want 35s, get them. The price difference in tires between 33s and 35s is literally a couple dollars. I hope that helps make your wallet feel better. Just go for what you want right off the bat, a lot of people will tell you they regret spending money twice, including myself. 35s are definitely manageable with stock gearing, I and plenty of other people run them on 3.21s while i save up to regear. It is definitely not ideal, but its really not a big deal. If your going to spend the money to regear, think long term, as i said, spending money twice for the same thing sucks, especially regearing. Just get some gussets on your Cs, and grab a programmer and your good to go. Good things take time my friend, spend your money once, and keep your end game goals in mind. I know its a jeep, i use "end game" lightly, the mods will never stop

Edit: just read your profile and saw you have a rubicon, which means you have AT LEAST 3.73s. Possibly 4.10s if you added that option. You will be fine with 35s, just regear whenever you feel the time is right, throw that lift and tires on and enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Giest

I daily commute on 37s, 5.13 gears, and three link long arm coil overs. The only thing that killed it for me was the stupid cargo basket I had install in the back. Stupid thing rattled too much. Removed that and it's back to enjoyable. Oh, and I'm not running a rear seat bar.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
But the stock spare carrier will be ok?

Yes, the stock tire carrier will be fine on pavement and trail use as long as the tire is isolated to the tailgate properly. all you need to do is extend the factory "rubber bumpers" so they make firm contact with your new setup. :yup:
the "issue" with the stock carrier IF you hit the tire, it will cause damage to the tailgate

Hmm, for some reason, looks like youtube removed the audio, but anyway...
Fast forward to 5:28 if the link doesnt take you directly. ;)

WoodChuck

I agree with what everyone is saying, if you want 35s, get them. The price difference in tires between 33s and 35s is literally a couple dollars. I hope that helps make your wallet feel better. Just go for what you want right off the bat, a lot of people will tell you they regret spending money twice, including myself. 35s are definitely manageable with stock gearing, I and plenty of other people run them on 3.21s while i save up to regear. It is definitely not ideal, but its really not a big deal. If your going to spend the money to regear, think long term, as i said, spending money twice for the same thing sucks, especially regearing. Just get some gussets on your Cs, and grab a programmer and your good to go. Good things take time my friend, spend your money once, and keep your end game goals in mind. I know its a jeep, i use "end game" lightly, the mods will never stop

Edit: just read your profile and saw you have a rubicon, which means you have AT LEAST 3.73s. Possibly 4.10s if you added that option. You will be fine with 35s, just regear whenever you feel the time is right, throw that lift and tires on and enjoy!

Thank for your opinions I'll probably run the stock gears for a while I don't think it will hurt anything but gotta budget

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I'm running 315/70R17. Currently I have an EVO leveling kit, but if you want coils on all 4 corners, take a look at Rancho's new kit. Their shocks are superb. I do plan to upgrade to an EVO 3" Enforcer.

35's and you won't regret it.

IMG_7529.jpg

madstiles

I have 35s and 373 gearing manual transmission it works for me but i will regear once I break the Dana 30 and upgrade 6th gear is pretty much useless but that just means less shifting ;-D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Like others have said....thinking 35s dooo it. I drive 120 kms round trip per day to work, all highway, 35s, auto, 4:10, 2.5" lift on a 2 door. Love it! Tire envy hurts, been there, life is short, get what you want and enjoy.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using WAYALIFE mobile app

DannyD

I gotta agree with the big boys here. I built my jeep with 35s in mind and bailed at the last minute for 33s with the "It spends too much time on the road for 35s" I still love my jeep on 33s but I think about what 35s will look like every time I look at the dam thing

papasurf

We ran 33s for 3 years and now have 35s. Very different ride when commuting but definitely looks better. Plan on lifting, flat fenders, and re-gearing if you want similar mileage, comfort, and clearance. Once you think about regearing options though you will want to also upgrade to a D44 in the front...and then you will want 37s... one of those things that once you start, your wallet will never be the same but your Jeep wave will have a lot more testosterone in it.

Top Bottom