The JT gets a Hemi!

wjtstudios

Hooked
I have my own Hellcat engine and auto trans that was intended to be built for my Charger Hellcat. Sold that car awhile ago and the engine has been sitting on a pallet in my shed for nearly two years now. Makes sense to eventually throw it in the JT.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Well that’s gotta happen! Can’t just let that sit in a shed.

How’d the new job work out?

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Brute

Hooked
I have my own Hellcat engine and auto trans that was intended to be built for my Charger Hellcat. Sold that car awhile ago and the engine has been sitting on a pallet in my shed for nearly two years now. Makes sense to eventually throw it in the JT.

Well that’s gotta happen! Can’t just let that sit in a shed.

How’d the new job work out?

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

I’d like to see that...

Exodus 4x4

No they don’t. At first I thought that was a bad idea for them, but after going there for training I understand why. While everyone else is doing that, shops are “winging” it to get by. This ensures the quality of the brand is retained by doing it their way only. They absolutely will not let you use your own parts either. In order for the engine to fit perfectly, they make some modifications to them before being shipped out.

If I were you, sell what you have and put it towards having this installed. I wouldn’t trust the Dakota kit. We almost went that route but after seeing one up close, no way I would do it. There really is no comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

highoctane

Caught the Bug
No they don’t. At first I thought that was a bad idea for them, but after going there for training I understand why. While everyone else is doing that, shops are “winging” it to get by. This ensures the quality of the brand is retained by doing it their way only. They absolutely will not let you use your own parts either. In order for the engine to fit perfectly, they make some modifications to them before being shipped out.

If I were you, sell what you have and put it towards having this installed. I wouldn’t trust the Dakota kit. We almost went that route but after seeing one up close, no way I would do it. There really is no comparison.

Well that sucks. I get it. They created a niche market for themselves and their authorized installers. I’ve helped a friend do an AEV hemi swap on a JK and with a good kit it isn’t difficult to do at all. As a mechanic who’s worked on cars and aircraft I can’t bring myself to fork over the excess cash for something I’m capable of doing myself. The markup on the Hellcat swap is astronomical considering what it cost me to get my engine, trans, and ecm. I bought a wrecked car, took off the parts I wanted, and sold the shell to the scrap yard. I’m in my engine, trans, ecm, and engine harness for within a few hundred +/- $10k (I don’t know for sure exactly). Forking over $50k plus for a swap is just insane IMHO.

Last edited:

benatc1

Hooked
Not that I'm remotely in the market but, I'd be curious to see what other companies are charging for a similar set up. AMW prices seem absurd at first look, but I guess if their are no bugs or issues that's worth a whole lot

Sent from my HD1905 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
Heck yeah Bubba that’s what I’m talking about haha. Now I really want to do a V8 swap. My dad has a 6.4 in his JK and man that thing will burn rubber no problem with 37’s. I also watched your V8 video on YouTube great content on all your videos.

jdofmemi

IDK, but I know this guy that must be related to Evel Knievel because he jumped the living shit out of a JK. Figured a little ol burnout would be easy :idontknow:

Yep, and the thumbnail for the video was false advertising. I was hoping for a nice smokey burnout at the end, and was left disappointed, yet again.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Didn’t the AMW guy get busted for trafficking coke under his previous shop name? Maybe I’m mistaking him for another AMW.

And not allowing people to buy their own motor? That’s some bullshit there.

But not to be a total Debbie downer, looks clean. :thumb:

Exodus 4x4

Didn’t the AMW guy get busted for trafficking coke under his previous shop name? Maybe I’m mistaking him for another AMW.

And not allowing people to buy their own motor? That’s some bullshit there.

But not to be a total Debbie downer, looks clean. :thumb:

Lol, I have no idea about the coke thing. I though the engine thing was bullshit at first but after seeing so many fucked up junkyard engines used for swaps, I understand it. I’ve gotten very low mileage engines before and had to send them back because something was fucked up internally. They also make some changes with the oil pans so that it’ll work better in the offroad aspect. Also, I had an engine lined up from LKQ that had less than 1,000 miles on it and it was still cheaper to buy their complete kit than it was to piece it together. Plus, do you really want to buy a used Hellcat? I’m sure the previous owner was saving it all for you[emoji23]

And what’s the shit about not being a downer? You do you man, don’t get soft.

IDK, but I know this guy that must be related to Evel Knievel because he jumped the living shit out of a JK. Figured a little ol burnout would be easy :idontknow:
Gauntlet thrown down

But really, cant be worse than that dude that snapped his stock axle shafts 5 minutes after getting the engine swap in their parking lot at AMW

Top Bottom