The New Bronco: Better than the Original?

I’m in agreement with others here... it gets uglier every time I see it. Oh and unless its on an Ultra 4 car... Fuck IFS.
Even the Bronco Sport (I think even available with a 3 cylinder engine) has a setting for "Sand and Snow". The big Bronco has a rotary dial to select the desired "G.O.A.T" mode and there are push-buttons in a row at the top of the dash to engage special options). The Wrangler lacks a rotary dial so that the vehicle can be appropriately configured for the upcoming situation (sand, rocks, etc).

Given the lack of a rotary dial and the ability to configure the vehicle computer for the terrain ahead, will the Wrangler be able to compete? Is it really possible for a human driver to compete against automated controls?

The big Bronco has a setting which allows turning on a dime via a computer setting which controls the brakes. Maybe the Wrangler can do something like that with an Atlas transmission, but that is a major replacement and requires driver skill. Driver skill requires intelligence and lots of practice.

Can the Jeep Wrangler really compete with a vehicle which replaces the need for driver skill with a computer?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Even the Bronco Sport (I think even available with a 3 cylinder engine) has a setting for "Sand and Snow". The big Bronco has a rotary dial to select the desired "G.O.A.T" mode and there are push-buttons in a row at the top of the dash to engage special options). The Wrangler lacks a rotary dial so that the vehicle can be appropriately configured for the upcoming situation (sand, rocks, etc).

Given the lack of a rotary dial and the ability to configure the vehicle computer for the terrain ahead, will the Wrangler be able to compete? Is it really possible for a human driver to compete against automated controls?

The big Bronco has a setting which allows turning on a dime via a computer setting which controls the brakes. Maybe the Wrangler can do something like that with an Atlas transmission, but that is a major replacement and requires driver skill. Driver skill requires intelligence and lots of practice.

Can the Jeep Wrangler really compete with a vehicle which replaces the need for driver skill with a computer?
You are on the wrong forum. Try www.plasticasianbroncoforum.com

You make it seem as if Jeeps hasn’t evolved since 1941. And the Bronco having a rotary dial is what your hanging your hat on? 🤣

Besides. Technology and computer aided driving doesn’t necessarily mean it will be better.
For example. This phone in my hand which has had ten years to figure out my speech and text style still can’t figure out that I want to say Fuck not duck.

RCC

I have been a Ford guy for most of my life. The Jeep bug bit me last year and we now have a JL and JT Rubicon and my wife and I thoroughky enjoy both. I daily drive a F350, my wife drives the JL, and daughter drives a 2021 Bronco Sport.

We have a full-size Bronco on order also that we will be adding to the fleet.

The amount of trash talk I see against the Bronco is funny honestly, everyone who drives a Jeep should thank Ford for bringing the Bronco back and giving Jeep some competition. Competition makes for better vehicles.

Does anyone here think there would be a 392 or Extreme Recon if the Bronco wasn’t brought back?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I have been a Ford guy for most of my life. The Jeep bug bit me last year and we now have a JL and JT Rubicon and my wife and I thoroughky enjoy both. I daily drive a F350, my wife drives the JL, and daughter drives a 2021 Bronco Sport.

We have a full-size Bronco on order also that we will be adding to the fleet.

The amount of trash talk I see against the Bronco is funny honestly, everyone who drives a Jeep should thank Ford for bringing the Bronco back and giving Jeep some competition. Competition makes for better vehicles.

Does anyone here think there would be a 392 or Extreme Recon if the Bronco wasn’t brought back?
I couldn’t care less if there was a 392 JL or a recon extreme (never even heard of that honestly). I also don’t really care how the bronco performa. It’s ugly as sin. I wouldn’t fuck it with your dick.

Reactions: RCC

I see it on the flip side. Ford needs to thank Jeep for creating and maintaining this segment of the market. Again, when has Jeep stopped evolving? Jeep/Wranglers didn’t just poop out new tech and upgrades solely for the Bronco. Let’s not be silly.

I do agree though competition is a very good thing. And I do hope the Bronco does well. I won’t go so far as saying it will make better vehicles because of it. It might back fire and instead of better (more capable) it may water them down to be more marketable across a bigger audience.

Brute

Hooked

Who needs a pilot to fly the plane when you have auto pilot?...

Don't get me wrong...I like Bronco's...a lot. But they ain't a Jeep...

TrailHunter

Hooked

I don't want a Rotary Dial in my Jeep.

Bierpower

Hooked

Am I the only one who read this as a Babylon Bee type of comment? 🤷‍♂️

Am I the only one who read this as a Babylon Bee type of comment? 🤷‍♂️
I had to look up Babylon Bee to see what it is. My post is definitely a type of satire.

If the Wrangler came with rotary knobs and depended on computer software to be good off-road, I would not have bought one. I want the driver to make a difference.

While the outside of the beefy Bronco 2 door looks nice, I don't like the interior at all. Jeep did really well with the JL Wrangler interior.

The Bronco weighs almost 400 lbs more. I don't need the equivalent of two overweight people slowing me down or making handling off-road worse.

Top Bottom