The Phone Thread

GraniteCrystal

Having owned the original droid I liked the pure Android experience which the pixel will provide without the bloat ware that's in other android phones.

Liston
Instagram: black_rhino_jk
This. The bloatware put on by Samsung drives me nuts. And they totally ruin the UI. If you're an Apple user and don't like Android, please don't look at a Samsung phone. Look at the Pixel to make a comparison.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?p=621404

Having owned the original droid I liked the pure Android experience which the pixel will provide without the bloat ware that's in other android phones.

Liston

I had the original Droid and it pushed me into the iphones. I just had so many issues mainly with the hardware. I tried to help one of the older ladies here at work to do something with her's and it took me forever to figure it out. They have made the OS super complicated.

BigBoy

My wife and I preordered the iPhone 7. We went in looking to get my wife's phone replaced with a bulging battery. Probably would not have upgraded from the 5 if she hadn't needed a new phone and the $400 trade in credit per phone made it a no brainer.

Happy so far. The performance upgrade was noticeable and the bigger screen is nice.

sc_rhino

When I got my 7 I went ahead and got apples battery case so now I can get about 2 to 3 days on a charge.

Liston

tanmanjk

Another s7 edge here. +1 on the case shape and availability on cases. Hindsight 20/20 I would've gotten the reg s7. Coming back to Android from my 6 plus I was excited and then.... Let down when they locked the bootloader and messed up what made Android fun in the first place, the programming and customizing. Oh well, onto the next one.

Zstairlessone

I'm an oddball who just went out about two months ago and bought the iPhone SE. For those who don't know what this is, it's an iPhone 6+ in the body of an iPhone 5. Much smaller than the standard for today but I am very happy with it! Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'm on my old 5s while my 6s plus is sitting on the floor next to me. Sure, the screen is smaller but the size is great unless I'm watching video and I do a lot of that on the 5s too. Nuthin wrong with a SE.

BitBucket

I had the Samsung Note 7, replaced it with a "fixed bad battery" Note 7, then Samsung sent me a fire resistant shipping box to sent that Note 7 back in.
I ended up getting the LG V20, wide-angle built in, removable battery and memory.
So far I like it and it works great.

mstraw9379

I use the LG V10. LG did some really cool stuff when they introduced the G2. I loved the buttons on the back. When it came time to replace it they released the V10. Better all around and some really cool camera stuff. Still had the back button. Then they went back to what everyone else does and put the buttons on the side with the V20. May look into what Google puts out in a year when I go to replace my V10.

Sent from my VS990 using WAYALIFE mobile app

boardsurfer

After the last major update with the iOS on iPhones, my 6+ is irritating the crap out of me. Just can't get used to the unlock and very interested in the Pixel. Everything I have is google already...

Great thread and please post up what you think of it once you get it!

This was EXACTLY me! Whatever they did to the unlocking was infuriating so I switched to the Pixel. I've been carrying an iPhone since V1 but the switch to Android wasnt too bad. The one thing I dont like is there are no badge icons to tell you how many texts or emails are unread. That takes some getting used to. The notifications on the Pixel are all in the top bar along with Wifi, clock, etc. and you just swipe down to see them. Having the finger sensor on the back is really convenient - I can unlock while pulling it out of my pocket so by the time I see it, it is ready to go. That's really cool. It becomes a little awkward when it is sitting flat on my desk and I have to unlock it though. You have to either flip it over, pick it up, or punch in the code on the screen. And if you have it mounted in some fashion on your dash, reaching behind it to unlock can be a little difficult and that's assuming the mount even allows access to the sensor. (Im not set up that way, just making an assumption there).

I am already invested in the Google landscape with gmail, and picture storage so that was seamless, and having unlimited storage sealed the deal.

sc_rhino

After the last major update with the iOS on iPhones, my 6+ is irritating the crap out of me. Just can't get used to the unlock and very interested in the Pixel. Everything I have is google already...

Great thread and please post up what you think of it once you get it!

What part of the unlock don't you like? The no swipe part?

Liston

sc_rhino

There's an option to make it open like iOS 9. Just place your finger on the home to open.

Liston

Top Bottom