The rebuild of LULU the 2013 Jeep rubicon

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ok so a little update. My jeep was completely done and they went out to take it for a test drive and anything over 3500 RPM’s it would have a horrible misfire in cylinder 5. Long store short it has a bad cam and lifter. I have paperwork saying the motor has under 5k miles. The guy I bought it from has fallen of the face of the earth. It really sucks. So the jeep is getting a new cam and lifters. Just waiting on parts. Should be done by next week. Really sucks but that’s what happens when you trust someone you don’t know!
That totally sucks! Sorry to hear it and hope you're able to get it running well again and soon.

If I had a third of your talent, my Jeep would be unreal. I spend alot of time onyoutube and Jeep forums researching information and still struggle with upgrading my own Jeep. Nothing but admiration for you all that do your own work (with the exception of large jobs). I get so mad when I can't figure out installation instructions and end up bribing or paying someone.
It’s really not hard just have to take your time and trust that you can do the job. I could have done the motor swap myself just ran out of time and had to go back to work for the season.

That totally sucks! Sorry to hear it and hope you're able to get it running well again and soon.
Ya it sucks but it is what it is. It will be right this time and should never have the problem again. They are deleting the MDS while they are in there so it’s actually better in the long run.

Not super knowledgeable on engines, Why did that happen in the first place?
The way a hemi is made it doesn’t oil very good at idle. They use really thin oil that just doesn’t lubricate the way it should. Motors that don’t sit and idle much won’t have this problem. That’s why you should never buy a used police car because they sit and idle all day and have engine failures very often. It’s also do to the MDS and the difference lifters they use. My MDS will be deleted also. Shouldnt happen again.

The way a hemi is made it doesn’t oil very good at idle. They use really thin oil that just doesn’t lubricate the way it should. Motors that don’t sit and idle much won’t have this problem. That’s why you should never buy a used police car because they sit and idle all day and have engine failures very often. It’s also do to the MDS and the difference lifters they use. My MDS will be deleted also. Shouldnt happen again.
Wow, I didn’t realize idling could do damage like that. Does the 3.6 have that potential when idling? When we’re up snow wheeling, I could be idling for hours.

Top Bottom