The Rebuilding of Smokin's 2014 JKUR Build

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
Anything new going on? Any trouble with the Mopar intake or PSC system?

Not a whole lot. Got married earlier this month l and have been slammed with work so the jeep has been parked for a 2 months while we've been traveling and preparing for the wedding. Mopar intake has been fine. PSC system definitely works better with the larger reservoir. Other than that I ditched my onboard power tank CO2 system. Got tired of refilling it and dealing with leaking regulators. I decided to get a Warn Powerplant instead. Will be switching out my Zeon for the new winch sometime this weekend.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Your jeep is one sexy bitch. I'm a fan of my white but love the way the black looks. If we can ever get the wife one, she wants the black with the painted hard top and fenders and I must admit, they do look sexy.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Not a whole lot. Got married earlier this month l and have been slammed with work so the jeep has been parked for a 2 months while we've been traveling and preparing for the wedding. Mopar intake has been fine. PSC system definitely works better with the larger reservoir. Other than that I ditched my onboard power tank CO2 system. Got tired of refilling it and dealing with leaking regulators. I decided to get a Warn Powerplant instead. Will be switching out my Zeon for the new winch sometime this weekend.

How would you know if the molar intake is fine if you haven't driven the jeep in two months?

Welcome back btw. I've missed you. [emoji6]

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
How would you know if the molar intake is fine if you haven't driven the jeep in two months?

Welcome back btw. I've missed you. [emoji6]

Missed you too! Well between my last post and now it's been about 4 months. Simple math = 2 months of driving. No one said long term dusty road test over Baja and 7k miles. Thanks for the interwebz-behind-the-keyboard audit. Just stay tuned. I'll let you know when my 3.6 grinds to a scored cylinder wall halt.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Missed you too! Well between my last post and now it's been about 4 months. Simple math = 2 months of driving. No one said long term dusty road test over Baja and 7k miles. Thanks for the interwebz-behind-the-keyboard audit. Just stay tuned. I'll let you know when my 3.6 grinds to a scored cylinder wall halt.

Awesome! I can't wait to hear your report in 2 years. :thumb:

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
I've settled for the LS3 with the WA580 (NAG1) when my 3.6 breathes its last breath.......A Hemi is a heavy ass motor compared to the LS3 with the LS3 putting out equal amount of HP or more and with it nearly equal in weight/size to the 3.6 so it's a no brainier for me.........I'm headed over to Bruiser to have the Atlas II speed installed soon and plan to talk a little more about motor swaps with them........Good choice going with the Powerplant you'll be happy with its versatility

~Woodrow~

Last edited:

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
It seems you can get more power for cheaper with the LS style motors compared to the hemis. As well as reliability. The LS style motors are simple to work on also. Around me you can general find an LS style motor with transmission cheaper than just the Hemi motor. So I think that's a bonus also. But I have heard (though I haven't looked much into it so don't quote me) the 5 speed auto that's in the wranglers is the same as the one that's in the chargers pretty much. So if it is then it should be able to be built to stand up to some power and I have heard that somebody was or already did work on mating the LS up to the factory tranny. So the tap shifter should work like factory and look factory. Which if that's all true then I like that because the interior would still seem stock. I've seen some hack jobs to make the shifter work that I just don't like. Sure it works but it's just not pleasing to the eye to me.

Robs_Red_JK

This Thing is totally awesome! i have been drooling over this thread for the past 2 days at work going through it all! I can totally understand not having any time to take it out to play. Since mine is my daily driver also the little trips I do make are stressful and just waiting to hear something break is not so fun. hopefully some day when mine grows up it can be like yours is! Also i like the look of the SR light bar much better than the E series.:rock:

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
Thanks for the compliments guys.

Got around to installing the Powerplant today with synthetic rope. Ready to take it out to play again.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1443308345.998973.jpg

JAGS

Hooked

Awesome! I can't wait to hear your report in 2 years. :thumb:

This would require some sort "dirt roading" for that aftermarket intake to adversely matter. Or for one to report on anything.

Top Bottom