The Winch Thread

Love my VR10S. Fit the budget at the time and it’s been going strong for 4 years now. Original line and it’s made a lot of really long hard pulls. I would expect the VR EVO to be just as good if not better.

Nice choice

WxNerd2015

Is the skid custom and can you still get your hand in to operate the clutch handle?

The skid is not custom, actually had it on before the winch and it fit perfect with the winch mount. It is made by a company called Crawltek Revolution.

As for the clutch handle, yes, I can easily release the clutch pushing through the skid plate and pull it back to reengage the clutch with no issue as well either reaching through or above the skid plate!

WxNerd2015

Because the VR EVO is made in China.

Love my VR10S. Fit the budget at the time and it’s been going strong for 4 years now. Original line and it’s made a lot of really long hard pulls. I would expect the VR EVO to be just as good if not better.

Nice choice

Well, you can't win em all, but sometimes you need to work within your budget and needs. It is still backed by Warn, and the support available to me from an American Company still played a big roll in my decision. While I always try to get America made products when I can, sometimes the budget just isn't game with that. I expect for what I will be using it for, it will be just fine, and I am good with the choice all around with what I had available. It didn't break the bank, but still backed by Warn, as I said eariler.

@RESURECTIONJK Glad to hear the good review from the VR10S. Hopefully my VR Evo will also let me brag about it down the road after some good uses!

Exodus 4x4

Well, you can't win em all, but sometimes you need to work within your budget and needs. It is still backed by Warn, and the support available to me from an American Company still played a big roll in my decision. While I always try to get America made products when I can, sometimes the budget just isn't game with that. I expect for what I will be using it for, it will be just fine, and I am good with the choice all around with what I had available. It didn't break the bank, but still backed by Warn, as I said eariler.

@RESURECTIONJK Glad to hear the good review from the VR10S. Hopefully my VR Evo will also let me brag about it down the road after some good uses!

We sell a lot of them to customers who are practical about the use of their winch. This particular winch works well when you need it, and that’s what counts. Haven’t seen or heard of one failing yet.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

p38

Caught the Bug
On my Jeep:
1. Upgraded 8274 - bigger motor, new gears
2. only pros - its powerful and its fast
3. synthetic line
4. yes - mostly to pull other vehicles; however in the last couple of weeks I've had to winch myself on some fire trials and I recently had to pull myself back onto a trail after I slid off the side. This was the first time I've had to pull at an extreme side angle and the line failed - twice!. We have since discovered the reason - the backing plate behind the fairlead had sharp edges protruding into the opening of the fairlead. This sharp edge shredded the line as it passed over and it failed. If I hadn't secured a safety chain to a dozer I probably would have gone over the side.

I suggest everyone inspect their fairleads for the same type of interference.

wjtstudios

Hooked
On my Jeep:
1. Upgraded 8274 - bigger motor, new gears
2. only pros - its powerful and its fast
3. synthetic line
4. yes - mostly to pull other vehicles; however in the last couple of weeks I've had to winch myself on some fire trials and I recently had to pull myself back onto a trail after I slid off the side. This was the first time I've had to pull at an extreme side angle and the line failed - twice!. We have since discovered the reason - the backing plate behind the fairlead had sharp edges protruding into the opening of the fairlead. This sharp edge shredded the line as it passed over and it failed. If I hadn't secured a safety chain to a dozer I probably would have gone over the side.

I suggest everyone inspect their fairleads for the same type of interference.

Glad you found the cause and definitely worth a check

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

I had a similar issue I had to fix too, height of the cutout on bumper was smaller than fairlead. Would’ve snapped a synthetic for sure, luckily the cable just fucked up the powder coat on it instead. Easy fix.
IMG_9452.jpg
IMG_9453.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom