There goes a motor....

Bush450

I already have 5.38's. These things are painful to drive in the mtn's or higher elevation stock. The only ones that are decent is the 3.6 with the 8 speed. But not wanting to spend the money on a jl and start over.
Dude, I would probably rebuild it, or drop another engine in, minus the supercharger. Use gearing for power.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I already have 5.38's. These things are painful to drive in the mtn's or higher elevation stock. The only ones that are decent is the 3.6 with the 8 speed. But not wanting to spend the money on a jl and start over.

Odd. I have 40’s and my 3.6 can move up a grade well enough. Maybe you should take a picture of your jeep and look at it to reiterate the fact that you didn’t buy a fucking Ferrari.

longarmwj

Didn’t Bubba say at one point that he’s seen good success with the 3.8 stroker kit? If so that would be a viable option. Get another 3.8 and rebuild it with the stroker

Zstairlessone

When I get some more time I am going to tear into it. When we bore scoped the cylinders they looked fine. No bent valves. Atleast from what we could see. Once I get the motor out, i am going to open it up. Cylinder 4 jug is pretty banged up at the base that's where the rod made contact. The odd thing is, is how much fuel the motor ate in 18 miles. I just did an oil change about 1k ago. When I drained the oil I pulled about 7 qts a lot of gas in the oil. And about an 1" of fuel on top of cylinder 4. It kinda makes since it was the old tune ripp used to make. I still haven't updated it due to lack of proggrammer. The motor has no bottom end then when the charger comes on it lights like a ton of bricks.

The fuel on top killed it.

I am nervous about the fuel issue. Last thing I want is to blow another one.

You need to test then Injector with a Noid light or have it spray tested. If it wasn’t just a ‘stuck’ injector you might have ecu problems, I’m assuming you have a tune for the supercharger? That’s a shitload of gas to hydrolock a cylinder. Was it making any noises before it finally gave out? Gas would’ve thinned out the oil dangerously, don’t know how far you drove it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom