Thinking about going with Zone 4" kit for the time being.

Rccrwlr

I'm not an engineer but 4" of lift on stock control arms seems like your geometry would be all messed up. A budget boost is what I would do since you just want to stuff 35s in there.

That what I was thinking, need control arms. His first post after installing this lift will be "Jeep drives bad on street after lift". Lol. And it's just My opinion but 4:10's with a 3.8L was not functional.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
That what I was thinking, need control arms. His first post after installing this lift will be "Jeep drives bad on street after lift". Lol. And it's just My opinion but 4:10's with a 3.8L was not functional.

He is installing an LS, I don't think power will be an issue.

Hot94Z28

I will have to agree with the others here just do a budget boost till you can afford the lift you want. That extra money will come in handy with the swap cause there will always be shit that comes up you will need the money for during the swap.

I will say I think the Jeep will surprise you on what it can do right now before you do any of the upgrades far as off-road goes.

LSX-Jeep

10/4 guys. Just a fng trying to learn a few things lol. Oh and I hope my next post isn't about my jeep riding like crap;). As fare as power goes. I'll be slapping supercharger on top of the 416 stroker ls3. Just not sure if I'm going to use the charger of my 13 2500hd truck that I replaced with a F1SC Procharger or the one I took off my CTS-V.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438317422.178997.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438317459.166595.jpg

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I would buy what you really want the first time, trust me. I have upgraded quite a few things I thought id be saving money on and ended up spending more. Budget boost is your best choice to save money and have it ride the same and look better.

What is a unicorn jeep?

LSX-Jeep

We were going to buy 2015 JKUR but what would be the point if we were going to replace the complete drive train... I bought this 08 jku 4x2 for really good price. It pretty much has everything we need minus leather seats which is not a problem since I have a set of Mastercraft seats that are taking its place. Any how, thank you all for the info and I'll just wait and buy the Evo kit once I'm done with the LS conversion.

Last edited:

LSX-Jeep

Not sure brother all I know is when my wife any I were shopping around it was an easy $5,000 if not more for the 4x4. We were really close in getting a new one but when it was all said and done. The jeep was over 60 grand. It looked like this one.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438357768.210119.jpg
We got the idea on getting the 4x2 by watching Power Nation Trucks on Spike Tv.

Top Bottom