Thinking of moving out of Cali.

TXlineguy

I will keep my guns I will keep my jeep I will keep my Harley I will keep my F250 that has no Emission on it and my vote will count for something it will count for what it supposed to one individual's vote

Jtvegas

Lived in southern Cali for many years and it was good to me and regret nothing but I really enjoy vegas now. You get a lot of house for your money and you can be off-road in minutes. I also like that Utah, Arizona, and Cali are all about 2-3 hours always for escapes.

mackey

I moved from So Cal to North Idaho. Absolutely no regrets. One of my better decisions in life. We love it here. I constantly feel like I am on a camping trip.

LoPo

Caught the Bug
I moved from Irvine, Ca to Reno 9 years ago after living in so Cal for 27 years. Best decision ever. If you like the outdoors, then it's a win win. For me at the time it was a ~30% cost of living decrease. Not sure what the % is now.. But there are several calculators out there you can leverage. Hell, no state income tax... You'll get up to a 13% raise just to move....

Tons of wheeling here, skiing, outdoors, etc. no regrets.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
We moved from Ohio to California 4 years ago.

Sure we have some shitty laws, but we love it. We wouldn't change a thing

hudginsja

My wife and I just moved out of California to Montana. There was parts of CA that I really liked, but mostly just because of memories I had growing up.

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
I'm old enough to remember Cali in the 60's. The car culture was fantastic. I wanted to live in LA so bad but just couldn't swing it. Sadly, today I'm not really interested even in visiting. Reno's a good choice and if you make it I wish you all the best.:twocents:

bigbootysuperduty

I'm old enough to remember Cali in the 60's. The car culture was fantastic. I wanted to live in LA so bad but just couldn't swing it. Sadly, today I'm not really interested even in visiting. Reno's a good choice and if you make it I wish you all the best.:twocents:

Thank you Linebacker. The car culture is alive and well. I've been in to VWs most of my life. I've had a few bugs, trucks, and off road toys. I might miss it, but it will be worth it. We're planning a trip out there in a few weeks. Going to look around, and check out the town. I'm thinking we may end up out in the Sparks area.

jhires

I've lived in Washington State my entire life and can't imagine living anyplace else.
We have it all. Rain forests to desert with sand dunes, snow capped mountains, and everything in between. Awesome wheelin', hunting, fishing, skiing, just about any type of outdoor recreation you could want and all of it within a couple hours drive.
Seattle area is a bit expensive and traffic sucks, but as you get away from the Seattle area, the cost of living drops significantly as does the traffic.

Heck, even the state patrol has treated me pretty decently. (local town police and county sheriff not so much tho, but stories for a different time, and hopefully not everyone's experience).

Top Bottom