Thinking of Rhino Lining MY JKU

mcicero

Look into bullet liner. The guy that invented Line-X created it. After he sold Line-x and the time frame on the Non-compete clause ran out he came out with it. I don't remember all the specifications as its been a while since I looked into it but its supposed to be better.

http://www.bulletliner.com/

xflstl

Why the hell would that make a difference? :naw:

I figured it didn't, but I knew you could not promote your own business, so I errored on the side of caution and didn't promote someone else's either. Thank you for the clarification. :)

Devallee

No personal experience, but I have heard a huge issue with spraying the exterior is what happens when you hit a tree or something on the trail and put a dent in a door or a side panel. The liner is not very flexible so it's not like popping the dent out and throwing a new coat of paint on it. Could cause lots of problems down the road if you see the trails often. Just a thought, as I was planning on doing the same to my exterior until I did some further research on the longevity of it. It looks great but I don't think it'd be worth it down the road and could cause a lot of regret as there's obviously no returning after it's done.

916razorback

I line-x'd mine...well had it done

Attachments

• image-3905531038.jpg
    image-3905531038.jpg
    292.3 KB · Views: 65
  • image-1183769483.jpg
    image-1183769483.jpg
    261.9 KB · Views: 63
  • image-3197519550.jpg
    image-3197519550.jpg
    339.9 KB · Views: 63

BigPrince

No personal experience, but I have heard a huge issue with spraying the exterior is what happens when you hit a tree or something on the trail and put a dent in a door or a side panel. The liner is not very flexible so it's not like popping the dent out and throwing a new coat of paint on it. Could cause lots of problems down the road if you see the trails often. Just a thought, as I was planning on doing the same to my exterior until I did some further research on the longevity of it. It looks great but I don't think it'd be worth it down the road and could cause a lot of regret as there's obviously no returning after it's done.

This. I had my metalcloak armor line-x'd by line-x in Atlanta and when it hit a tree/rock/etc, it does not scratch, once the coating is compromised it peels off and does not stop. There is no touching it up and the whole piece has to be stripped and resprayed. I had a line-x bed for years without problems and would never thought it but my armor & fenders were prepped and sprayed twice and it is not a prep issue - the coating is just not meant for that. It is stronger but once it's compromised, it's done. The official line-x dealer that sprayed it also refused to warranty it.

Top Bottom