Tie Rod / Drag Link Recommendations??

PEACEMAKER1

The sockets should pivot freely. But none of the threaded sections should turn inside one another.

Okay, that's what I would have figured. Thanks for the info. I will have to see how I can get it to stop rotating at the threaded part.

BaddestCross

Is the drag link supposed to be able to rotate at the ball joint at all? I have been having this question because I just installed the Synergy drag link and with the steering straight, you can twist the drag link a little...essentially it is rotating at the adjustment end even though I have the cinch bolt tighten up all the way. To be more specific, it is rotating the actual ball joint at the steering knuckle, but it is rotating on the threads of the adjustment sleeve at the pitman arm side...
Sounds like you need to crank down harder on the jam nut. Shouldn't be twisting on the threads.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Benito

Caught the Bug
Okay, that's what I would have figured. Thanks for the info. I will have to see how I can get it to stop rotating at the threaded part.

At the adjustable end (pitman arm side) be sure to align slit of the adjustment sleeve to the slit on the drag link where the pinch bolt is. Also be sure to crank down on the jam nut on the knuckle side. If you still have rotation on the adjustable side, run out the adjustment sleeve a little bit more and run the rod end in so that when you tighten the pinch bolt it squeeze the drag link and the adjustment sleeve tightening down on the rod end.

Top Bottom