Tierod flip

JK's JK

Banned
Got it. On some ends you also need to keep in mind your backspacing as well. Good luck. Will follow to see what you end up with.

Thank you for the thought. I think I'm running a good 3.5" back spacing or 3.25". Are those ball joints with a nipple on the top? What uni-bit did you use to tapper the stock knuckle? If they do come with nipples then I'll just buy those.

2 - Tie rod ends = 74
1 - 5 foot chromoly tube (cut to size) = 105
2 - tube adapters = 24.50

Total = 203.5 plus shipping I'm sure is $30

Over all I think its a good cost compared to other setups. Thicker than Synergy 1-3/8" x .188" Wall. I dont think its thicker than Currie but oh well. I could custom fab tube ends but that would defeat the purpose.

TheDuff

The ruffstuff setup is exactly what you are trying to do and cheaper...

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JK's JK

Banned
your estimates are about 60 bucks heavy. I went ahead and added the tapered sleeves. The 1 ton ends do have zerks. I used a 7/8 unibit which still leaves plenty of meat at the knuckle. Read back through this thread

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?10684-Heavy-duty-tie-rod/page1

A co-worker at work has the right tapered bit for the tie rod end. Synergy sells one but its 110.

The ruffstuff setup is exactly what you are trying to do and cheaper...

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'm still thinking about it but I'm not going cheaper. I'd like to go with Currie but for 200 and close to the same thickness as Currie its hard to beat to be honest. Currie runs 1 5/8" diameter 4130 chrome moly and the size I'm thinking of buying 1.5" OD X 0.25" WALL 4130. I however don't know how thick Curries tubing is but its only 1/8 more round.

Top Bottom