Time for a programmer.. which one?!

I had both for the 13 rubicon..........AEV procal and the F4 superchips flashpag. I ended up with just the F5 flashpaq for the 16. It has custom settings for all the same things as the AEV that I wanted to modify, and it has performance and towing tunes. Did the whole file swap, registered the files with superchips and the ECU swap. It all went very smooth......

NOTE: When you first do the ECU swap and start the jeep, it will run at high idle and rough!! Shut it off, start again, it will smooth out. You might also have a check engine light. If so, unhook both battery cables, hold them together for one minute, hook back up and the check engine light should be gone..............

Then start tuning:brows:

Merry Christmas!!

SFS

Napalm

I had both for the 13 rubicon..........AEV procal and the F4 superchips flashpag. I ended up with just the F5 flashpaq for the 16. It has custom settings for all the same things as the AEV that I wanted to modify, and it has performance and towing tunes. Did the whole file swap, registered the files with superchips and the ECU swap. It all went very smooth......

NOTE: When you first do the ECU swap and start the jeep, it will run at high idle and rough!! Shut it off, start again, it will smooth out. You might also have a check engine light. If so, unhook both battery cables, hold them together for one minute, hook back up and the check engine light should be gone..............

Then start tuning:brows:

Merry Christmas!!

SFS

Did Superchips send you an ECM and then you sent yours to them, or did you send yours in to be unlocked?

I want the flashpaq for the performance tunes, just really not wanting to deal with the hassle of an ECM swap.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Did Superchips send you an ECM and then you sent yours to them, or did you send yours in to be unlocked?

I want the flashpaq for the performance tunes, just really not wanting to deal with the hassle of an ECM swap.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I downloaded the files last Sunday, from the 16 to the programmer. Came in the house, went to the superchips site, and sent them the files using the ignition download app..............really simple.......went wheeling in the snow Sunday afternoon. Got up at 5 am on Monday (they are Eastern standard time), called the tech support. They read and verified that my files where good. I had a new ECU delivered by UPS on Tuesday. Went home, did the swap, programmed the jeep, put MY ECU in the box that they supplied, attached their shipping label and sent the MY ECU back yesterday.

I was REALLY worried about this whole process, as I am not a computer techno, in any way..............but.............It was actually VERY simple and VERY well supported by superchips staff, thru out the whole process.

Really worth the process, in my opinion.

Hope this helps.

SFS

Top Bottom