Time for my JK to Evolve - Highoctane Anvil '15 Rubicon Unlimited build

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Picked up a better set of pins at Tractor Supply. Handles are coated with a soft red coating and they are much easier to install and remove. Better looking too!

Attachments

• image-185381068.jpg
    image-185381068.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 363

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Love the bar on the bottom of the builder corners! Brilliant idea.

Thanks! I first saw it on Evo 1 back when it was a satin red color, and that same armor from Evo 1 is now on Greg's Evo Jeep. Looks much more finished and covers the gap at the bottom.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Had a feeling you would chime in on that. Agreed 100%. I wonder what it would look like to continue that bar through the wheel opening to help close the gap there as well....

You know I think that'd look pretty good. Someone needs to do it, lol.

Newbster21

My first post! Great Jeep sir amazing build. I joined just to see the pics of it and glad I did it gave my jk something to aspire to when it grows up.

Rick

Last edited:

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Some small flex from a run this past weekend up the back way to Crown King.

Attachments

• image-1873515740.jpg
    image-1873515740.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 343

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Had the cable on the parking brake handle break under the center console today. :mad: Happened twice on my old '08 JK, replaced under warranty both times. With all the mods done, and the completely different routing of the cables going to the ProRock 80 J8 brakes, I'm curious if my dealership will give me any hassle.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Had the cable on the parking brake handle break under the center console today. :mad: Happened twice on my old '08 JK, replaced under warranty both times. With all the mods done, and the completely different routing of the cables going to the ProRock 80 J8 brakes, I'm curious if my dealership will give me any hassle.

Never hurts to go and see. If they say they are gonna charge you than take it home and do it yourself

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Ran Payette Draw in Payson, AZ yesterday. Didn't get to do the waterfall at the end because it was full of water at the bottom, and it was dark.

Attachments

• image-3600041687.jpg
    image-3600041687.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 316
Top Bottom