Time for my JK to Evolve - Highoctane Anvil '15 Rubicon Unlimited build

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Evo Protek skid plates! Now I can go on some local trails without having to worry. No crossmember/exhaust skid plate because I'll be having the Evo Mfg high clearance long arms installed, and the exhaust/crossmember skid plate is not compatible with long arms.

IMG_5276.jpg

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Got the ARB compressor and the Trail Rocker wired up today. Was way easier than I was making it. I just used the under hood harness and relay that comes with the ARB CKMA12 compressor, cut the harness short, and spliced the red wire on the end of the harness that would normally get routed into the vehicle to the #1 output wire for the Trail Rocker. ARB compressor is still wired to the battery with the 40 amp fused harness, but triggered by the Trail Rocker. Saves a bunch of wiring and declutters the area behind the glove box and under the hood.

Also got the Daystar switch panel to stay in. Ended up having to remove the metal clips on the back of the panel and installing the orange clips that are on the oem net panel. Fits much better now.

SUPER impressed with the quality of this Trail Rocker. Highly recommend it. :thumb:

Sweet. Glad you got it working.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Just booked an appointment to have my JK dropped off at Offroad Evolution for the suspension and axle installation! It's not until early April, but it's booked! :wings:

uberc4

Holy cow!! That's a long wait... I was going to send my Jeep to ORE to do somewhat of the same. May need to try and schedule an appt. Can't wait to see yours once it's all done up! :thumb:

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Holy cow!! That's a long wait... I was going to send my Jeep to ORE to do somewhat of the same. May need to try and schedule an appt. Can't wait to see yours once it's all done up! :thumb:

When I talked to them they said Feb at the earliest for the work I want done. I work in Baghdad, Iraq on a 90 day on/30 off rotation and I'm home from work now and don't return until Jan, so I won't be home again until early April. I'll drop the Jeep off the day after I get home.

Last edited:

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Just ordered my tires from the local Discount Tire store in Prescott! Went back and forth over what tire I wanted ( Trail Grapplers or Mud Grapplers), and went ahead and ordered the 40/13.50/17 Nitto Mud Grapplers. Noisy, but really the best tire I've run on a JK that sees use in rocks.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Picked up my tires from the local Discount Tire store in Prescott today. 40/13.50/17 Nitto Mud Grapplers. Love these tires! Posted a pic next to my wife's '15 Ford Cmax for size comparison.

Attachments

• image-2467690237.jpg
    image-2467690237.jpg
    471.4 KB · Views: 773
  • image-403999289.jpg
    image-403999289.jpg
    422.5 KB · Views: 763
  • image-3548362567.jpg
    image-3548362567.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 761
Last edited:

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I've been having an issue with my Trucklight LED headlights being very dim and shining as a bluish/purple color instead of white, and a severe reduction in intensity to the point I could barely see enough to drive at night in fog or rain over 35mph. I contacted Trucklight to see what I could do for troubleshooting on my end beyond reapplying dielectric grease and reseating the plugs. Without question or hesitation Trucklight 2nd day air UPSed me a new pair of lights. I installed those lights today. Well it completely fixed my issue. A++ customer service. Love these headlights! I was impressed with their stuff before, but after this experience I'm for sure a Trucklight customer for life.

Attachments

• image-4031110744.jpg
    image-4031110744.jpg
    416.1 KB · Views: 840
  • image-886219020.jpg
    image-886219020.jpg
    445 KB · Views: 814
  • image-1431934107.jpg
    image-1431934107.jpg
    377.3 KB · Views: 800
Last edited:

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Well I'm flying back to Baghdad, Iraq for work today so there won't be anymore updates until I get home again in April, and the next update will be me dropping off the Jeep at Offroad Evolution a few days after I get home!

WJCO

Meme King
Well I'm flying back to Baghdad, Iraq for work today so there won't be anymore updates until I get home again in April, and the next update will be me dropping off the Jeep at Offroad Evolution a few days after I get home!

Have a safe trip. Good luck with the build when you get back.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Safe travels. Hopefully ORE can knock out the build quickly so you can enjoy it before going back again.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Thanks everyone.

Safe travels. Hopefully ORE can knock out the build quickly so you can enjoy it before going back again.

I hope so too. I believe Drew mentioned 2 weeks or so, but not positive on that. Really I'll just be happy to finally have it done!

highoctane

Caught the Bug
17"x 9" ATX Slab 8 on 6.5 lug pattern wheels are on the way! Now the only things left to order are smaller items like front bumper, armor, winch, and tire carrier, that I could actually install myself if I find the time. At this point I'll have a uhaul trailer full of parts when I drive the Jeep out to Offroad Evolution in April.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Another major update - ordered the Dynatrac ProRock 80 from Offroad Evolution! ARB locker, 5.38 gears, 1410 pinion yoke.

Top Bottom