Tinting over factory privacy glass

JeepJeep75

All depends on the cop. I still have my fire department sticker on my back window and that gets me out of a lot. Knock on wood. I'm all about the privacy though

I can see how that would... Back in my younger days I rocked a Mazda mini truck lowered with rims and tint. Ten fix-it tickets later I stopped tinting the side windows. Always got busted at night too. I'm sure the mini truck screamed "I'm young/dumb, pull me over!" and didn't help my situation any. I do feel way more "invisible" nowadays what with being older and not driving a young kids ride.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
I use to get 5% and then 35% on top of it with a 5% brow on the windshield about 1/3 of the way down. Loved it. Think I'm just gonna try to match the front to the rears the best the shop can and do a small brow on the windshield.

BLCK4X4

I can see how that would... Back in my younger days I rocked a Mazda mini truck lowered with rims and tint. Ten fix-it tickets later I stopped tinting the side windows. Always got busted at night too. I'm sure the mini truck screamed "I'm young/dumb, pull me over!" and didn't help my situation any. I do feel way more "invisible" nowadays what with being older and not driving a young kids ride.

I'm telling you that makes a HUGE difference!!
Give your self some privacy.

8POUND

I use to get 5% and then 35% on top of it with a 5% brow on the windshield about 1/3 of the way down. Loved it. Think I'm just gonna try to match the front to the rears the best the shop can and do a small brow on the windshield.

That's what I did to my rig. Perfect for privacy and the Colorado sunshine.

Attachments

• 1465359342867.jpg
    1465359342867.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 86

utiadam

LOSER
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1465363464.616509.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1465363484.636190.jpg
I have 60% over the whole windshield with a 20% header on top. The front doors are 20%. The rear doors are 20% on the powered glass and 5% on the smaller glass. The hardtop is 5% on the sides and only factory on the rear most glass. I did all the tinting myself by removing all the glass from the doors. The windshield gets tinted before its installed.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1465363681.459762.jpg

Ctimrun

I suggest not using suntek, their films are cheap and known to purple And fail with high heat temps and sunlight quickly. We install 3M or Formula 1 films. I would suggest those.

If you go to 3M.com they have a locator where you can find the shop closest to you who installs it.
We are very picky about the film we carry in our tint department. We do our testing and research. That's why I would suggest for you man. Any film that turns purple or bubbles is cheap and shitty film.

Does the formula film provide good heat protection? How does it compare color wise to the factory window coloring? One local shop does formula and another one does 3M.

BLCK4X4

Does the formula film provide good heat protection? How does it compare color wise to the factory window coloring? One local shop does formula and another one does 3M.

Between the both, I would suggest 3M all day long, way better performance and longevity. Go with the 3M shop. You either want the Color stable or the Crystalline films. Difference is price and how much heat you want to block .

Evil

Be careful with the windshield stuff and those blue pick up trucks. They got me in the cobra just for that.

Top Bottom