Tips for removing grill cover with EVO Quarter Pounder and winch

moto82mike

The clips were already broken when we bought it. To get that winch in there, I really had to push. But it worked. However I just realized I read this thread wrong. I read it as how you can fit a winch without removing the grill. But it seems you're wanting to remove the grill without removing the winch. I haven't done that. I just looked and all of the clips are broken.
Right on... thanks for the help anyways.

Sent from my SM-T710 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Lil Nasty

To clarify, are those adjusters for the headlamp angle (up and down)? If so, I know the stock headlights have a torx bit adjustment for height - does that get removed when installing sweet new LED headlights?

Sent from my SM-T710 using WAYALIFE mobile app

The adjusters are for left and right. Some LED's like trucklite have and X artifact in the beam. The left and right adjusters allow you to correct this to some extent. You can purchase the adjusters of of Ebay like I did or remove the factory bolt that is there and cut groves in them to adjust with a flat head screw driver.

JeepJeep75

Yea, the adjusters were a must for me after installing my Trucklites. I could tell they were "cross-eyed" from the factory.

mastrcruse

I just ordered the quarter pounder and it'll be here next Wednesday. Is the recommendation to cut the middle guide on the grill during installation? I'll be running the stinger and a Warn zeon.

tgoss

I just ordered the quarter pounder and it'll be here next Wednesday. Is the recommendation to cut the middle guide on the grill during installation? I'll be running the stinger and a Warn zeon.

Not going to matter. What I recommend is installing the bumper and barely threading the 4 bolts per side on the frame. Bolt down the winch at this time and route all your wires for the winch and aux lighting with the grill off. Reinstall the grille and then tighten down and torque all the bolts for the bumper.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I've had to remove my grill with the quarter pounder and Warn Zeon 10 on my Jeep. I removed the top portion of the winch (solenoid/control box?) and then removed the grill. Gives a bunch more room and is fairly easy.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom