Tire deflators

Tumbleweed

I have a set of the Staun deflators.
I keep them in the package, in the Jeep. They are kept clean that way.
They work well, but I wonder if they require any maintenance? Silicon spray lube? Probably not a petroleum product. I assume rubber seals?!?!

gouacats

I REALLY like my ARB deflator (same as Currie). I had the Smittybilt ones (fake Stauns) and I wasn't a big fan.

Brankz

I found a new technique, get a matches and inserted in the air valve, the air will come out like crazy, when you are done just take it off.

DJCFHB

got the stuans too and lover them. Gives ya time to prep other stuff while you are at the trailhead

Rebel JK

I bought those too and had the same impression. I run the Stauns now and love them.

Im leaning towards the stauns right now, but curious on how often you need to "recalibrate" them once set. The concept is pretty cool, basically an adjustable pressure relief valve (very similiar to the safety relief valve on the garage compressor) adapted to a shrader.

Last edited:
Im leaning towards the stauns right now, but curious on how often you need to "recalibrate" them once set. The concept is pretty cool, basically an adjustable pressure relief valve (very similiar to the safety relief valve on the garage compressor) adapted to a shrader.

I've had mine for a year now and have never had too. Same with my wife's set. Wouldn't hesitate after having a set of the smittybilts then staun I would go staun.

HDGasser

I do a lot of sand riding and camping and have been thru many sets of deflators and spent stupid $$$ on these things. Stauns are the best. but just like the others out there they are... How do I put this "delicate" you can't beat em around, get em dirty or do other things you do in your truck/jeep... They will change pressures, stick open, stick closed, just a PITA.

I can air down 12 tires to about 15psi in like 10mins on my truck and trailer.

I got me a bag of valve stem cores for extras and one of these and be done with it... Tool was $4 and you know how many cores you can buy with $50!?

Rebel JK

Ok. I couldnt resist grabbing a few of these the other day. $1.29 each. Deflator/ valve tool.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140103_052016.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140103_052016.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 172

speedshift

I just use the low-cost deflators from teraflex. Reliable and fast. 1388807532431.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jhires

I just use the low-cost deflators from teraflex. Reliable and fast. View attachment 62683

I had a set of those many years ago and perhaps they improved a bit, but I found after they got a bit dirty they would not unscrew from each other. They also seemed to not hold their adjustment.

I wound up just using an air chuck with a nipple on it. Clip it on and air comes out very fast, check tire pressure every few seconds on the nipple, pull chuck when desired pressure met.

speedshift

I had a set of those many years ago and perhaps they improved a bit, but I found after they got a bit dirty they would not unscrew from each other. They also seemed to not hold their adjustment.

I wound up just using an air chuck with a nipple on it. Clip it on and air comes out very fast, check tire pressure every few seconds on the nipple, pull chuck when desired pressure met.

These do not have any adjustments; you simply screw them on and they rapidly air down. I simply walk around the jeep screwing them on, then walk around and remove them. They work so quickly that the timing is just about right. Also, they don't get clogged or dirty because I keep them in the console tray when not in use.

ChuckMRN

I have 2 sets of the Stauns, but they are inconsistent at best. Granted with in 2-4lbs, but can't beat the gauged deflators that capture the valve core for accuracy and dependability in my book.

Top Bottom