Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Yes

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Yes, and I have used it

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
You have 100% chance of loosing money if you never puncture or ruin a tire.

According to that warranty it's only a free repair if damage happens before 2/32nds of wear occur. That would be equivalent to 1/16th which isn't much. You can probably wear that much off going to the mall. :idontknow:

Tires aren't an investment either. Buying things that don't make money is not "making an investment"...but I guess that's moot. :icon_crazy:

Edit: looks like bigtom got that.. lol

It's 2/32nds left not 2/32nds of wear.

And to get to the point again I bought it an will continue to buy it in the future.

Tigrcky

my parents had a tire separating with only 5,000 miles left on the warranty with discount tire, they gave them a credit for any new tire (same size, also they were buying 4 new tires they were near bald) so that was pretty cool!

discount tires warranty is void if it happens off road. if you roll in a tire with rock rash all around and a sidewall thats clearly cut by a rock and you say you hit a curb do they not ask any questions?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
discount tires warranty is void if it happens off road. if you roll in a tire with rock rash all around and a sidewall thats clearly cut by a rock and you say you hit a curb do they not ask any questions?

I'm pretty sure it says in their warranty no questions asked.

Sent from my iPhone

jkmohican

The guy at t discount said that he has the warranty on all his tires and he wheels his vehicle (xj) and anytime he tears a side wall he gets a new tire no questions asked. I bought the warranty on all of my tires (costed 58$ for each) because I average 7,000 miles a year, spend a lot of time off road, so that means that I would have these tires (350$ each) fully warrantied for 5-6 years. It would seem ridiculous not to buy the warranty if you ever do any form of serous off roading.

ttfhell

I have had two replaced. I have some rock rash and they didn't say anything. The guys at the local store pretty much kick ass.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
I have never had to deal with discount tire (never used them until I got my jeep) but have dealt with the tirerack version of the road hazard program, and it was a total sham. The amount of running around, approval, inspection, etc I had to do wasn't worth it in the slightest. Based on that, unless the tires costs more than $250, I never bought it again. If discount tire does it no questions asked (remember, lots of places in the US don't have a discount tire, like NJ) over the phone, and doesn't make you ship the original (damaged) tire back to them, then I'd say it's worth it. They have A LOT of fine print in these contracts and they have a lot of weasel room. Again, this is NOT directed at the discount tire program, since I have never used it...the above is based on the tire rack road hazard program. Im not sure if discount tire underwrites their own insurance policies or if they use the same one as tire rack.

I'm pretty sure it says in their warranty no questions asked.

Sent from my iPhone

ah! well that answers that. I have always wondered how easy it is. i have been wheeling for just under 15 years on 5 sets of tires and have never gotten a warranty. I have had to replace a tire once but thats it. not too bad considering they were on wheeling only rigs and most of the wheeling was playing in the rocks. This go around i'll get the warranty now that im consolidating and this will be my semi dd.

good to hear people use the warranty

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
From their website....this is DEFINITELY NOT "no questions asked...

Conditions and Exclusions
Non-commercial service includes use by the owner in his/her regular trade or business but excludes commercial truck, racing, off-the-highway, taxi, limousine, or similar service. Passenger, SUV or light truck tire road hazard warranty (if applicable) does not apply to tires used on commercial trucks, recreational vehicles or off-the-highway service. Mileage warranty (if applicable) applies only to tire's original purchaser on the car, SUV or light truck on which originally installed. These warranties do not cover tire damage, destruction or failure from fire, vandalism, or accident, irregular or premature tread wear caused by improper inflation, misalignment, or imbalance of wheels, worn out shock absorbers or brakes, damage or failure due to other non-tire causes such as being run flat, mechanical condition of vehicle, cut from rim or chains, or any willful abuse. A tire is not adjustable for problems of appearance after the first 10% of wear. All Certificates expire three (3) years from the date of purchase or at such time that the tire has less than the legal tread depth (3/32") across the tread, whichever first occurs. Terms of manufacturers' warranties may differ.

These limited warranties are the exclusive warranties of Discount Tire stores, are in addition to the warranties of the manufacturer, and set forth the exclusive remedies available to the tire user. Discount Tire stores shall not be liable for any consequential, special or contingent damages or expenses arising directly or indirectly and no company representative may enlarge or alter the terms of the Certificate.

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/infoCertificate.dos

If you live in an area with a discount tire, and can slip the tech $10 to let the above slide, fine, but if you live in an area where there are no discount tires, I personally wouldn't bother, sounds exactly like the tirerack contract. Just my personal opinion.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I've never bought a tire warranty til now. Just had sidewall damage on one of my tires. Bought a new replacement from Discount Tire and added the warranty. Can't beat it very reasonable and after checking other comps with their warranty the price was still very competitive. My next set will be from them...with warranty!:thumb:

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
It's 2/32nds left not 2/32nds of wear.

And to get to the point again I bought it an will continue to buy it in the future.

I was just going off the image Brankz posted. It clearly says the FIRST 2/32nds of wear. tire2.jpg

I'm sure that a reputable Discount Tire might have a better insurance than the Wholesale Tire and Auto pic that was posted.

Tackerdown

Banned
The sales man told me for what ever reason ANY damage will be covered. ON OR OFF ROAD IT DOESN'T MATTER. But he is a sale man. Anyhow that's what he told me.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
From their website....this is DEFINITELY NOT "no questions asked...

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/infoCertificate.dos

If you live in an area with a discount tire, and can slip the tech $10 to let the above slide, fine, but if you live in an area where there are no discount tires, I personally wouldn't bother, sounds exactly like the tirerack contract. Just my personal opinion.

Except the tech isn't the one ordering the tire.

My local store gave me the run around a few times so I just wen home and called DTD. They have always given me great service and I will continue to do everything with them.

Top Bottom