Tires

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
I think its so you can still run the stock back spacing on your wheels. However, if you are going to lift your Jeep like this, why wouldn't want bigger tires? If you are getting bigger tires you are probably going to want different wheels. So back to your point; why not just use longer links with proper wheel spacing?

Maybe I'm missing something.... but how would replacing sway bar links affect what wheels you can run???

So how about that original post?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

See post #2.

stitch1

Maybe I'm missing something.... but how would replacing sway bar links affect what wheels you can run???

See post #2.

Yes, please explain.

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sorry for the way delayed response. I am not receiving notifications from this forum for some reason.

The stock rear sway bar link is short and fits inside of the rim area of the wheel. If you install a lift with longer links you run the risk of the link rubbing on the tires.

So the option is to either install a drop bracket like you see here. Or you can get the proper backspacing so that your tires do not rub.

I personally do not like the idea of the drop bracket but can see why they offer this option.

Last edited:
Top Bottom