To Paint or Not

Alright so I have a matte black jeep and I want all black rims. I love matte black rims. So do you think my current rims would look good plasti dipped or painted black. Or leave them. Don't have the money to go buy new rims for a while so not an option at the moment.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1372605341.424307.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1372605376.737042.jpg

gtony12

Caught the Bug
I think they look pretty cool, but everyone's different.:)

Sent from my EVO using WAYALIFE mobile app

VADER JK

I agree with Overlander, I'd plasti dip them and see how you like it. It's cheap and if you dont like it you can always peel it off.

Army_Vet

Banned
Imho

My opinion everything is good when it is balanced... I am a fan of the subdued, I don't like gobb's of chrome but I do think that Just a bit of shiny balances this jeep out just right.
In the end this is your jeep and your look. But IMHO I would leave it

You know sometimes I look at it and like them. Other times I don't. They came on the jeep when I bought it. I guess I could plasti my spare that way I'm not rolling on one wheel if I don't like it.

Beyrgut

Since it's not a lot of polish, I wouldn't even test plasti dip. I would grab some electrical tape and tape over the polished areas and take a look. A lot less work to test the appearance. Or if your a little bit MS paint capable, take some photos at different angles and paint the wheels.

Thought. What about just doing the outside of the rim in plastidip and leave the spokes to give just a little contrast. If you like the way the rim looks then you can finish up the spokes. I agree a little contrast is nice and draws attention the the area.

Since it's not a lot of polish, I wouldn't even test plasti dip. I would grab some electrical tape and tape over the polished areas and take a look. A lot less work to test the appearance. Or if your a little bit MS paint capable, take some photos at different angles and paint the wheels.

Now that's thinking outside the box. I like it. Try it out.

Top Bottom