To rubi or not to rubi

Ok awesome, I'll look at ordering a rubi.. So would the 4:10 in the 3.6 auto be ok for 37s due to the new motor and gear box because I needed 5:13s for the 37s in my 3.8 auto now.?

It would not be the best but will work. Here is a link to see what gears will work with the 3.6L auto or manual transmission.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...-the-JK-Wrangler&p=21019&viewfull=1#post21019

Additionally there is this write up concerning the 3.6l and regearing http://wayalife.com/content.php?225-Do-Yourself-a-Favor-Regear-Your-2012-Up-JK!!

R/
Will

RedRum

I'm running 35s so I couldn't tell you but just know the gears are a 495 dollar option ... Well worth it IMO ... Right now my dealer told me they are running a 4-5 week turnover on orders but they have to say 6-8 weeks just to cover themselves

jivesis

Ok well I think the re gear is the go, even in my 3.8 auto and 5:13 i still turn off od around town..

If I save the money for 5:13s and don't get the 4:10s, when I re gear at 5:13 will my factory lockers still be ok?

CharlieK

If you can swing it go Rubi, I started with a Sahara and spent a ton of cash get to where I am at now. If I could do it all over I'd go Rubi. 6k does seem a little steep, I'd shop around.

jivesis

4:88 looks perfect just at the top of the medium wheeling range at just at the bottom of rockcrawling range

jivesis

So i have final proves from dealer, 43k for sport JKU or 52k for rubi.... So is the rubi worth 9 k?

If I had the sport Id have to

Locker rear $2000
Pr 44 $7500
Sliders. $500

But still have manual swaybar and
No rock crawler transfer case..but I'd have a better front end and better lockers maybe.. Don't do much hardcore wheeling and am mechanically sympathetic when on the trails..

jivesis

Going 37s so prob have to re gear either way but a few have said with the rubi 4:10 37s weren't to bad..

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Have you looked into any discounts? Tread lightly? I think even Sam's or Costco offers something

Top Bottom