Took this for a test drive today. JL Rubicon lifted with 37s.

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
I know this is an old thread, but I thought I’d chime in here with my own insane price experience today....

I took the wife down to the dealer to check out a JL. It was a white Sahara unlimited with a mopar 2” lift, ugly ass fuel wheels and 33s. I almost shit my pants when I saw the 61k price tag on it. It was literally the ONLY wrangler on the lot. When asked if any rubis were on the inbound list, they said no, and also that none could be ordered due to extreme demand in the continental US. Right after I called BS, i called the dealer on the other side of the island and have a rubi inbound within 2 weeks. That dealer also said the inability to order whatever we want is BS and the other dealer clearly doesn’t know what they’re doing or has no desire to make a sale. We’ll see if the boss lady bites when this JLUR comes in. Oh and the rubi is cheaper than the Sahara we looked at. Mind=blown.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bear_JT

Hooked
I know this is an old thread, but I thought I’d chime in here with my own insane price experience today....

I took the wife down to the dealer to check out a JL. It was a white Sahara unlimited with a mopar 2” lift, ugly ass fuel wheels and 33s. I almost shit my pants when I saw the 61k price tag on it. It was literally the ONLY wrangler on the lot. When asked if any rubis were on the inbound list, they said no, and also that none could be ordered due to extreme demand in the continental US. Right after I called BS, i called the dealer on the other side of the island and have a rubi inbound within 2 weeks. That dealer also said the inability to order whatever we want is BS and the other dealer clearly doesn’t know what they’re doing or has no desire to make a sale. We’ll see if the boss lady bites when this JLUR comes in. Oh and the rubi is cheaper than the Sahara we looked at. Mind=blown.

That’s a hell of a price! I’m sure you’re better off with the dealer who knows how to order what you want anyways. Good luck with the boss and the inbound Rubi!

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
That’s a hell of a price! I’m sure you’re better off with the dealer who knows how to order what you want anyways. Good luck with the boss and the inbound Rubi!

We’ll see how it goes. The rubi coming in was on the way anyway and includes some things we can definitely do without.... but it was still 55k.... 6k less than the Sahara! Unbelievable.... if she likes it, might just order one without the crap we don’t need and chop the price even more. However, if she likes the one that’s coming, it’s a done deal. Tundra and Camry will be gone (thank you jeep gods), and we’ll have 2 wranglers.

WJCO

Meme King
We’ll see how it goes. The rubi coming in was on the way anyway and includes some things we can definitely do without.... but it was still 55k.... 6k less than the Sahara! Unbelievable.... if she likes it, might just order one without the crap we don’t need and chop the price even more. However, if she likes the one that’s coming, it’s a done deal. Tundra and Camry will be gone (thank you jeep gods), and we’ll have 2 wranglers.

Good thing you checked with that 2nd dealer. I bet the first one was trying to convince you that the one they had was super rare and the only one on the island so you would buy it. I hate places like that.

fiend

Caught the Bug
$55k for a new Jeep. Unbelievable. Well, motivation to keep my paid-for JK for a while ....

Brute

Hooked

Check online with some west coast dealers...it would only cost a grand to ship one over ...more choices, and maybe save a couple grand even with shipping...

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Check online with some west coast dealers...it would only cost a grand to ship one over ...more choices, and maybe save a couple grand even with shipping...

Might try this route. I bought my 2011 JKU from bob baker in Carlsbad and they seemed pretty good at the time and had a huge selection. I’m also very torn about waiting for the JT as well... I really wanted to consolidate down to 2 vehicles and not having a truck would force us to make some changes for sure. For example, there’s no trash service here so we need to haul our own, meaning if we only have 2 wranglers I would need to hook up a trailer (that I don’t have yet) to make it work. Our tundra has been awesome for the 11 years we’ve had it but it needs a lot of work and I’m just not ready to put the money into it if I’m planning on getting rid of it anyway...plus it’s 2wd. I literally only use it to haul trash. Agh! Decisions decisions.

Brute

Hooked
Might try this route. I bought my 2011 JKU from bob baker in Carlsbad and they seemed pretty good at the time and had a huge selection. I’m also very torn about waiting for the JT as well... I really wanted to consolidate down to 2 vehicles and not having a truck would force us to make some changes for sure. For example, there’s no trash service here so we need to haul our own, meaning if we only have 2 wranglers I would need to hook up a trailer (that I don’t have yet) to make it work. Our tundra has been awesome for the 11 years we’ve had it but it needs a lot of work and I’m just not ready to put the money into it if I’m planning on getting rid of it anyway...plus it’s 2wd. I literally only use it to haul trash. Agh! Decisions decisions.

I've always had a truck in my life...for 40 years...perhaps waiting for Jeep truck makes sense...

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Yeah... I think I’m gonna have to wait. I know if I don’t wait, I would regret it as soon as I see some JTs driving around. I’ve also always had a truck at any point in my life since childhood.

Top Bottom