Tool brands

Exodus 4x4

Lol. I've busted several of their wrenches but have had no issues with their impact sockets.

x2. I bought the harbor freight impact sockets for my trail tools. I know if I spent any more money than that they'd get left behind on a trail otherwise.

Havoc40

I do most of my heavy wrenching at the house, and about 90% of my tools are Snap-on. While I love their tools, I wouldn't suggest an average DIYer invest that kind of money. Maybe buy some of their ratchets and specialty tools...but that's about it.

My small work box and Jeep bag is filled with a bunch of different brands, most of which was bought on eBay. Wright, Williams, Sunex, Grey Pneumatic, Kobalt, Knipex, MAC, Matco, Gear Wrench, older Craftsman, etc. They all get the job done.

Desert Crawler

Look no further than your Dad's garage. He's a pro - use what he does.
My dad's a snap on guy, but I only have a few tools from them. I have a bunch of craftman and dewalt powered tools. I always say that HF is a great place to buy a tool you are going to use one time.

Ddays

Hooked
My dad's a snap on guy, but I only have a few tools from them. I have a bunch of craftman and dewalt powered tools. I always say that HF is a great place to buy a tool you are going to use one time.

Yeah I also have some stuff from there as well. For what i use them for theyre fine. Even though they're a gigantic pain in the dick, garage sales are good places to pick up hand tools.

jesse3638

Hooked
Gear wrench brand wrenches are good quality as well. Your local Napa should have a good selection of the gear wrench stuff.

X2...When I installed my lift part of my budget was tools. I probably spent nearly 500 on tools to get the job done. I bought a 20pc. gear wrench set from Sears after black Friday. I don't know how I wrenched on things before them. They are awesome. Pissed though because I don't know where my 11mm wrench went and my OCD is getting the best of me...haha.

Devallee

Like mentioned before, if it needs to work every time, spend a couple more bucks and get Kobalt or something comparable. For random specialty tools that I might use once or twice I go HF. Also I try to keep quality tools in my Jeep bag. I would hate for a tool not to work the one time I need it when I'm in the middle of the Narnia somewhere

CarolinaJK

I have a lot of Snap on, but only because my grandfather passed it down to me. I also have a lot of Harbor Freight and Craftsman and they seem to get the job done, while staying more in my budget.

Havoc40

Always buy the very best tools you can afford...they are a lifetime investment...

I've lived by this since I knew what a wrench was. I still can't see somebody spending $150 on a ratchet or $400 on a set of wrenches, that uses them a dozen times a year. Whether they can afford it or not. The best comparison is ratchet wrenches. I love my Snap-on flank drive plus wrenches but, it's hard to justify 3 times the price of my gear wrench set I bought for work.

Few older drawer shots of my personal box. Can't find my wrench drawer pics. I have a tool addiction lol
20160614_174632.jpg
20160325_182228.jpg

TXlineguy

Look into Proto, I'm not going to say 100% of their stuff is made here but over 95% of it is. Now as far as the company that owns them and where those tools get made is a different story....

tANNERRRR

Craftsman is no longer made in USA, so I've been buying Kobalt from Lowe's. They seem well made. I'm really glad I bought a set of 1/2" drive from there.

Not true at all. Most Craftsman items in general are made overseas but a decent amount is still made here. I work at an Ace Hardware and we still have a lot of Craftsman USA items. All of our sockets are USA and the large mechanics tool sets we carry are USA. All their new weird-ass tools are made in China.

toxicwaste29

^maybe you have old stock. I've been to a couple Sears stores around me that are always restocking their shelves and everything is Chinese. If I scrounge around sometimes I can find a USA socket even but it's usually never possible

Draconianwinter

Wish I still all my black hawk tools. Someone I know all to well liberated me of them. Now I use primarily husky. They work and no issues so far, but then I don't turn wrenched like I used to either lol

Jaimegomez8

No one here uses husky? Lol well to tell the truth I use husky, always does the job and if I break it just walk into Home Depot and replace it since they have lifetime warranty on husky tools. Only had to do this once with a breaker bar.

Top Bottom