Torn Rancho shock boot

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
Installing my new Rancho I managed to tear a big hole in one of the boots so I left the rear ones off. Are these ok to leave off or do I need to order a new one?

OlllllllO Jk
🇺🇸 🇺🇸

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I left mine off. Different opinions on boots, I prefer to leave them off because they trap water and dirt. Just my opinion

Last edited:
I only have the hard plastic ones on the rear and left off the soft rubbery ones for the front.

Just a previously posted the boots can trap dirt, sand and water.

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
That's what I was thinking about the dirt and sand, I was just needing a couple other opinions. Thanks a ton.

OlllllllO Jk
🇺🇸 🇺🇸

Rebel JK

For what it's worth I would not run boots for the same reason motocross bikes did away with them about 30 years ago. (Showing my age here). The boots hold in mud, grit, sand etc, which tend to only cause blown seals and scratched tubes. In my opinion There's no benefit and only negatives with running them.

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
For what it's worth I would not run boots for the same reason motocross bikes did away with them about 30 years ago. (Showing my age here). The boots hold in mud, grit, sand etc, which tend to only cause blown seals and scratched tubes. In my opinion There's no benefit and only negatives with running them.

Makes sense to me, guessing they are more for looks than anything else. Thanks.

OlllllllO Jk
🇺🇸 🇺🇸

Top Bottom