Torne Front driveline rubber boot

Actually the boot tore by getting a small rock in there and the boot hitting it. So after 12,000 miles with the lift the driveline was working fine. Just some freaky bad luck!

chipper

The rubber boot above the exhaust crossmember closer to the transfer case would be my guess.

Ok. I was thinking it might be the dust/dirt boot that covers up where the 2 parts of the driveshaft come together. I tore the one on the rear and just replaced it with the mopar boot kit. It's literally just a hard plastic dust cover that's clamped on both side. It was easy to replace. Now the one at the end on the transfer case side is a different story. You'll need a new driveshaft. I witnessed one fail this past weekend, it was clicking and making all kinds of racket.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Oreillys has a rebuild for the joint. I've personally used it. And to answer the previous question I have had 3 joints fail to high angle (4" lift). It's a pain in the ass but oreillys does warranty them if you buy the rebuild from them. So I've rebuilt it twice now and about to do a third lol not that I don't want to upgrade just a money thing...

Top Bottom