Total Solar Eclipse - August 21, 2017

duktrx

I was bummed I couldn't stay in central Oregon another couple days, but had to get back to work. Got off work Monday morning and just kept driving South to see how far I could make it into Totality. Made it far enough to have 70 seconds in totality, just parked in a gravel parking lot, had the top open reclined in the seat and watched the feature presentation for 2hrs. Used the glasses as a filter on my phones camera, and captured some ok pictures. During Totality I took the glasses off and snapped some unfiltered photos, nothing impressive but something to help with the memories later.

20170821_100243.jpg 20170821_101605.jpg 20170821_101908.jpg 20170821_101942.jpg 20170821_102047.jpg 20170821_105339.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

duktrx

I was bummed I couldn't stay in central Oregon another couple days, but had to get back to work. Got off work Monday morning and just kept driving South to see how far I could make it into Totality. Made it far enough to have 70 seconds in totality, just parked in a gravel parking lot, had the top open reclined in the seat and watched the feature presentation for 2hrs. Used the glasses as a filter on my phones camera, and captured some ok pictures. During Totality I took the glasses off and snapped some unfiltered photos, nothing impressive but something to help with the memories later.

View attachment 273741 View attachment 273742 View attachment 273743 View attachment 273744 View attachment 273745 View attachment 273746

Now the 4 hours I was stuck in traffic to get home SUCKED, especially knowing I had 12hrs of work to go back to 5 that night.[emoji35]

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
heres a couple of teasers of what I got ... got home a bit earlier this morning after spending 5 days out ... wound up at one of my back up spots that I planned in Missouri and it worked out pretty good as the sites were pretty empty where I was but a bit of travel about 5-10 miles away the sites were packed with toy haulers and other various trailers .. guess it pays to be able to get where they cant go .... DSC_1183.jpg

am still going through and doing a bit of post on a bunch of different shots but this is just as it was coming out of totality ...........managed to get somewhere around 20 shot of totality a few of partial when clouds passed as I didn't have a solar filter to get a really good shot of any kind of partial without glare and secondary imaging looking like double exposure but even a few of those look fairly decent ...heres one of the partial shots DSC_1129.jpg and then here we have one of totality DSC_1154.jpg .............

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
heres a couple of teasers of what I got ... got home a bit earlier this morning after spending 5 days out ... wound up at one of my back up spots that I planned in Missouri and it worked out pretty good as the sites were pretty empty where I was but a bit of travel about 5-10 miles away the sites were packed with toy haulers and other various trailers .. guess it pays to be able to get where they cant go .... View attachment 273921

am still going through and doing a bit of post on a bunch of different shots but this is just as it was coming out of totality ...........managed to get somewhere around 20 shot of totality a few of partial when clouds passed as I didn't have a solar filter to get a really good shot of any kind of partial without glare and secondary imaging looking like double exposure but even a few of those look fairly decent ...heres one of the partial shots View attachment 273923 and then here we have one of totality View attachment 273924 .............

Nice pics

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
Nice pics

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

thanks Clay ..................................

being as I didn't have any sort of solar filter other than some nd filters most of the pre full coverage shots had quite a bit of glare still so I had to drop it down some with post working ,unless there happened to be clouds in front of it ,spent a little time last night doing a few so here's a few of the partial shots and of course the climax of full totality DSC_1121.jpg DSC_1127.jpg DSC_1130.jpg DSC_1158.jpg DSC_1173.jpg

sparks

A couple of my pics from Nashville on the Patio @ the Opry. Been on a road trip thru Nashville to Hilton Head SC and heading home stopping off in Gatlinburg to get dirty and then home Sunday.

Attachments

• IMG_4649.jpg
    IMG_4649.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_4623.jpg
    IMG_4623.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 33
Top Bottom